Accufab Issues

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Well I got the accufab installed. It was really easy considering I'm not much of a wrench turner and it only took me a half hour or so. Anyway, had a question, do I need to disconnect the battery and reset the computer before I run it? I started the thing up and it sounded like an old big block with a heavy cam. I can't get it on the street to check it out as it is snowing. Just wondering if anyone else had any idle problems?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Did you reset the TPS? I should be between .98 and 1.0 volts.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your TB should have come with complete instructions. I would call Accufab's customer service and get them emailed to you. Did you buy a new complete set or did you buy this from someone? I'm trying to understand what happened to the instructions. Actually I'm surprised you tried to install it without them. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is from the AccuFab website FAQ page. "Typically, throttle bodies have a throttle position sensor (TPS) bolted to them. Simply unbolt the sensor from the old throttle body and bolt it on to the new one. You will need to insure that the TPS is accurately adjusted to insure a good idle. This is easily done using a Voltage Meter. You are looking to set the TPS between .98 and 1.0 volts measured between the hot wire and the ground wire." I've never done this but I was told it is very easy to do. It should be in the instructions.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I bought the thing from JDM. No instruction in the box. It was a easy install since it was a straight accross swap. I could use the web address for accufab if someone has it? Thanks.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
You need to get a digital voltmeter...One could be had for 30-40 bucks at any autoparts store. Like the other guy said, take your reading from the hotwire and the ground...

Anthony@JDM

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Accufab does not include instructions in the box. It is a pretty straight foward swap/application. If there is ever any questions or problems always feel free to email or call us up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When I talked to Accufab sales I was told instructions came with the kit. I don't understand why they wouldn't when it is clear that the TPS has to be re-set. That's an important thing to miss on the install. Something isn't right. I'm not doubting Anthony's word, but I'm going to call Accufab and ask why they are not included. I'll post what they tell me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
By golly, Anthony, you are so right on the instructions. So maybe it wasn't Accufab that told me instructions were included. Could be I have the BilletFlow confused with the Accufab. LOL! I just talked to George at Accufab and he was very helpful (no, EXTREMELY helpful) in explaining how this TB works and how to adjust the TPS. Basically the install of the TB is like changing an oil filter -- no instructions are necessary. As far as the TPS adjustment, in most cases there is no need for any adjustment. If your idle is low or high THEN you might adjust it either with the voltmeter or by loosening the two small screws, wriggle the TPS to increase/decrease the idle and when the idle is where you want it tighten the screws. He also said that if you don't adjust the TPS the computer will take care of it in the first couple of days of use. He told me to call him if I had any problems on the install. His quote, "That's what I'm here for. To help answer any questions on the install or use of the product." I was very impressed with his helpfulness and attitude. Nice guy. So now I think I'm leaning towards Accufab when I buy my TB. So Anthony, expect a call very soon. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread