Accepted My Death, Trippy

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Dammit. We were >that< close to getting rid of Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, and the California Air Resources Board.

Please don't taunt the rest of the country like that!

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
wow thats crazy... good read...

However if I had 2 hours before impact, i would of jumped in the ride (once i comfirmed it so) and hauled ass as fast as I can, you can easily out run the blast radius if your given a 2 hour notice.... but my 1st priority would be to notify my family and friends...

I always run this scenario through my head every so often,

WWID?

Zombie Apcolypse, Nuclear holocaust, shooting spree (almost everytime I eat, sleep, shop, i always think of a plan of escape and returning fire to the shooter, how I would do it) Invasion and of course the Lottery (more often)

But I will def give you props on how you took it... I would of been pissed at the ****ers testing the alarm, they need to give people a heads up, they could of caused people to get hurt and im sure plenty of underwear got soiled at that moment....

canibus

Established Member
wow thats crazy... good read...

However if I had 2 hours before impact, i would of jumped in the ride (once i comfirmed it so) and hauled ass as fast as I can, you can easily out run the blast radius if your given a 2 hour notice.... but my 1st priority would be to notify my family and friends...

I always run this scenario through my head every so often,

In LA, There's nowhere to run. The Freeways would jam in a matter of minutes.

Hey Kanibus they drug test over there bro?

:lol:

EAS false alarms don't occur often, but they do happen, if that is what this was. "On February 1, 2005, someone activated an EAS message over radio and television stations in Connecticut telling residents to evacuate the state immediately. Officials at the Office of Emergency Management announced that the activation and broadcast of the Emergency Alert System was in error due to possibly the wrong button being pressed." I wonder if something similar happened in the area you were working in.

So is it normal for them to have a prerecorded message like that?

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
**** that must've been an interesting feeling. Your coworkers who stayed, how did they react?

tap-a-keg

Stinger2011

Established Member
I would have loaded anyone that didn't have a vehicle into my car/truck and did my best to get the hell outta there. Then I would have felt like a dumbass when I found out it was a hoax.

canibus

Established Member
My crew took off, the other 2 people that stayed were the contractor and one of the framers. We were all at different points of the property trying to get reception. I'm sure they had similar experiences. Everyone tried to hide it, but we were all shook.

ssssnake

Established Member
Wow. I bet that made the hairs stand up, didn't it? I bet a million things ran through your mind. Glad it was a false alarm - for all of us.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Perhaps, but had it been real. You could make the argument that my experience before the missile hit was "near death"

I don't know man. I am pretty fatalistic when it comes to my death. it will happen when it is time and there isn't shit I can do about it so be at peace until it comes. but in the area you were in? shit I wouldn't be worried at all. NK is not giong to target some empty ass foothill boonies. they will be targeting large military complexes first. which is why I don't live within 50 miles of one.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Too bad there wasn't a hot lady there. You may have been able to get some "end of the world sex" from her.

and the slight awkwardness that would have followed when the alarm was found to be false. :lol1:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
If the announcement actually claimed impact in 1.5 to 2 hours I would have started laughing! A Taepodong-2 ICBM from North Korea would take less than 30 minutes to reach Los Angeles being sub-orbital. Additionally we would have to wait until a few minutes after launch before we would even remotely know the trajectory and possible impact area so that would cut down warning time even more.

U.M.

motorider228

Established Member
Had that feeling the first few times we had incoming rockets, mortars and bullets...... Then it just got annoying.

+1. I lived in a tent for 8 months in Afghanistan so I always heard all the noise. I used to sleep with ear plugs so the rockets, sirens and small arms fire wouldn't wake me.

canibus

Established Member
If the announcement actually claimed impact in 1.5 to 2 hours I would have started laughing! A Taepodong-2 ICBM from North Korea would take less than 30 minutes to reach Los Angeles being sub-orbital. Additionally we would have to wait until a few minutes after launch before we would even remotely know the trajectory and possible impact area so that would cut down warning time even more.

U.M.

I'm not schooled in Nuclear missiles or distances covered. Neither was anyone else, so we figured we were shit out of luck.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
+1. I lived in a tent for 8 months in Afghanistan so I always heard all the noise. I used to sleep with ear plugs so the rockets, sirens and small arms fire wouldn't wake me.

I used to do the same thing until one landed three down from me. Talk about moving on air man. I woke up in my boxers, covered in sand, a little blood and fire suppressant. Felt like I was back in college or something.

OP, as already pointed out, if one was inbound, you would only have a small window to get out of dodge before it hits. You did right by not leaving. Think of all the other folks who will be doing the same thing at the same time.

Unless you got access to a bad ass dirt bike or similar, your pretty much ****ed. Sit back and enjoy the show.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
never heard much small arms fire close enough to worry. but the mortars and rockets were an issue. and the first couple of years in Iraq the bombs going off in response to their stupid were also of the stand up and take notice variety until we got used to them as well.

Had that feeling the first few times we had incoming rockets, mortars and bullets...... Then it just got annoying.
when we first got to balad in 03 it was very annoying and didn't bother me much except for when you could hear them being walked in. you could tell that every time they were getting a little closer. I had a few moments of pause during them. and yeah getting your shit on and walking to the hard building up the hill for accountability got really annoying. so a few of us would just stay in our tent and send the accountability up the hill with the ones that wanted to go.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

U.M.

yep 28-32 depending on the azmuth and trajectory

Users who are viewing this thread