Absolutley Sick Races!!! Extreme Supra VS Crazy 03 Cobra!!!

93supra

Established Member
Im glad you guys like the video. It was fun. And to me having fun is my main motivation.:thumbsup:

Sometimes its hard to realize how fast a car is when watching it on video. Let me tell you that the Cobra is very strong!! for what little mods have been done to it.

We are planning on getting a small group of us to go down to the track. And I am very aware that the results might be diffrent for the Supra but oh well I will try my best. I am not one to take anything away from anyone or their cars.

I have to agree with JAKE and Surfnerv89 Tampa has some seriously fast cars. Funny thing is that these cars are the slower ones.:burnout:

Take care guys be safe out there.:D

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by CobraBri
LOL...Sorry, yeah you're right. Supraforums has enough 16 year old kids living out their Playstation dreams on the internet. :lol:

i dont even like supra's i dont think their bad ass but its true how many times have i u seen a bpu supra loose on the highway? and every time i post my opinion i back it up with a link to a website with facts to back myself up.

996TTx50

Established Member
I’m a little confused (it happens easily). Jake and Surf both posted that the Supra puts down over 600 hp to the wheels, has zero lag, and is just as fast from a dig as from a roll (entirely plausible statements).

Originally posted by JaketheSnake
....that supra put down 600 hp as I witnessed it on the dyno when he was tuning for race gas, although other supras have put down more #'s wise, he has 0000000 lag, and the hit is instant, his torque and power curve is very sick
Originally posted by Surfnerv89
. . . .The supra, like jakethesnake said, has NO lag, and is built amazingly. Very fast for the amount of power he makes. He runs just as good from a dig.

Havoc posted that he beat the same Supra from a dig.

Originally posted by HAVOC
If it makes you feel any better, I've beat that same supra from a dead stop in the 1/4 mile! :thumbsup: I'm am not stupid enough to race him from a roll though!!! :nono:

However, in his sig on both need2speed.com and ls1.com, Havoc indicates the following performance numbers: 12.44 @ 112.83 (stock clutch!) 350 RWHP 358 RWTQ SAE

Thus, my confusion. How is it that a 350 rwhp car, with a best ¼ mile time of 12.4 (very respectable) can beat a 600+ rwhp Supra that has zero lag and runs just as fast from a dig as from a roll. If Jake and Surf are accurate, that Supra should be high 10s or low 11s at the worst – certainly much faster than 12.4. I am obviously mis-reading, mis-interpreting or simply missing something here.

BTW, great video Havoc . . . . thanks for shooting, producing and posting it!!!

996TTx50

93supra

Established Member
Originally posted by 996TTx50
I’m a little confused (it happens easily). Jake and Surf both posted that the Supra puts down over 600 hp to the wheels, has zero lag, and is just as fast from a dig as from a roll (entirely plausible statements).

However, in his sig on both need2speed.com and ls1.com, Havoc indicates the following performance numbers: 12.44 @ 112.83 (stock clutch!) 350 RWHP 358 RWTQ SAE

Thus, my confusion. How is it that a 350 rwhp car, with a best ¼ mile time of 12.4 (very respectable) can beat a 600+ rwhp Supra that has zero lag and runs just as fast from a dig as from a roll. If Jake and Surf are accurate, that Supra should be high 10s or low 11s at the worst – certainly much faster than 12.4. I am obviously mis-reading, mis-interpreting or simply missing something here.

996TTx50

I can see how it could be very confussing. I do my best to explain.:) I run an average time of anywhere between 11.8-12.0@ 124-126 mph at the track on a lower boost setting then witnessed in the video.

When I ran Havoc we were on the street same low boost setting. I spun :rolling: he hooked thats all she wrote. Supra died bad death.

My car does not hook very well on asphalt. In the video I asked the Cobra owner to run on concrete surface which he agreed to( thank god) so I could have better chance. Like I said earlier all these cars run well if you fall behind game over. I hope this helps.:)

996TTx50

Established Member
Originally posted by 93supra
I can see how it could be very confussing. I do my best to explain.:) I run an average time of anywhere between 11.8-12.0@ 124-126 mph at the track on a lower boost setting then witnessed in the video.

When I ran Havoc we were on the street same low boost setting. I spun :rolling: he hooked thats all she wrote. Supra died bad death.

My car does not hook very well on asphalt. In the video I asked the Cobra owner to run on concrete surface which he agreed to( thank god) so I could have better chance. Like I said earlier all these cars run well if you fall behind game over. I hope this helps.:)

Thanks 93 . . . . thats makes more sense. When you ran Havoc, you ran lower boost, such that you were not putting down over 600 rwhp, AND you spun. That explains it.

11.8-12.0 at 124-126 mph suggests to me a bit of lag (e.g., high trap for the ET) -- either lag, or spin, or a very gentle launch. I run smaller turbos than you and still have lag. What tires were you on when you ran these times? What were your 60' times? Did you hook well? What is your rwhp with the lower boost?

You should be capable of times considerably faster than 11.8. The next time you go to the track, turn up the boost where it was when you ran the Cobra, slick down, and snap off a low 11/high 10.

Sounds like you have an awesome car. Too bad you're 3000 miles away. It would be fun to line up with you -- from a dig or a roll.

:beer:

996TTx50

Last edited:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Well 93supra, all I can say is you have one fast ass car! I'm still having a hard time believing you pulled the Cobra that hard with him spraying, but I've seen stranger things happen I guess. Anyway, both nice cars and awesome vid Havoc! :thumbsup: :beer:

93supra

Established Member
Thanks 93 . . . . thats makes more sense. When you ran Havoc, you ran lower boost, such that you were not putting down over 600 rwhp, AND you spun. That explains it.

11.8-12.0 at 124-126 mph suggests to me a bit of lag (e.g., high trap for the ET) -- either lag, or spin, or a very gentle launch. I run smaller turbos than you and still have lag. What tires were you on when you ran these times? What were your 60' times? Did you hook well? What is your rwhp with the lower boost?

You should be capable of times considerably faster than 11.8. The next time you go to the track, turn up the boost where it was when you ran the Cobra, slick down, and snap off a low 11/high 10.

Sounds like you have an awesome car. Too bad you're 3000 miles away. It would be fun to line up with you -- from a dig or a roll.

:beer:

996TTx50

Thanks for the compliments. When I ran those times I was trying to learn the car a little bit. I was launching to hard and would spin 1st gear my 60' were 2.0 . This was on dragradials.

I've been to the track one more time after that to work on my 60' I was able to get them down to 1.8 still not where I want to be. But better than before.

Unfortunately clutch gave up on those last two runs I was still able to run 11.8 but mph went down to about 122. Havent been back since. I feel with a little more practice I can do even better.

I have never run the car on high boost at the track. No need to beat on the car if I cant launch it. Maybe I will get my chance later on this year.

Oh I do have some lag its just that I try not to use it.:D

And yes it to bad that you do live so far away. 996tt is a bad ass car. I love those cars.

rust0r

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBri
BS!!!! A car with 220hp that hits 177...give me a break kid. Go back to Supraforums where you belong. :rollseyes

not even 220(but you're right, they did have 220hp), he said '202hp' which is still incorrect, from the factory no supra came rated at "202 hp"

1994 and up N/A spras came with atleast 220hp (some years 225), and previous years (1993 and earlier) were only rated at 200hp, so i guess this clears up the 202hp non-turbo supra discussion,

Originally posted by hmmmidunno
i dont even like supra's i dont think their bad ass but its true how many times have i u seen a bpu supra loose on the highway? and every time i post my opinion i back it up with a link to a website with facts to back myself up.

so supras aren't 'bad ass'?, then i take it you'll be bringing your 'truck' out to race him sometime soon then ?

maybe instead of taking the time to post on here, "U" (in your thug language) should pay more attention in english class, last time i checked 'have i u seen' made no sense at all

ok, so you stated your opinions, i stated mine, others have also stated their opinions, where is your proof that you claim to have, i have yet to see a website posted or thread referenced proving your 'findings'

looking forward to your reply :loser:

HAVOC

Established Member

996TTx50

I'm sorry for the confusion... My car is not even in the same leage as 93 supra's. Im still in little league and he's on the all star team in the Majors :-D , The race where I beat him like he said was just a lucky race for me, I lowered my drag radials to 15 lbs before the race, launched at 3000 rpms and hooked really good.. he spun like a mofo and still caught up right after a 1/4 mile with a good 10-15 mph on me i bet.. it really doesn't matter cause we were just out messing around for fun! the way his car runs now, alls he would have to do is launch of idle and im sure he'd pass me by about the 1/8th mile :uh oh:

As the guy making the video, sometimes im stuck between a "rock and a hard place" in the sence that I respect both parties racing and do not want to go into details about all there modifications upon there request... not that anyone is really tring to hide anything - but most pep apearing in the vids seem to kinda like it like this.. on the other hand I try to provide an entertaining video, so i hope you all can see where this all stands.

Look forward to some upcoming videos starting a full bolt on 03 cobra equpied with a KB SC and nitrous going against some big time supra's, I can hardly wait myself!!!!!!!!

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Originally posted by HAVOC

Look forward to some upcoming videos starting a full bolt on 03 cobra equpied with a KB SC and nitrous going against some big time supra's, I can hardly wait myself!!!!!!!!
Who's car is that?????

78mphgpr

Under Estimated
Established Member
Oh, Sam is going to tune that car isn't he? This is going to suck for us slow guys with all of these 700rwhp cars running around. I might have to put stickers all over my car and get a big wing!

svtguy22

Established Member
Originally posted by TrueBlue'01GT
Ageed!, especially since we won't be seeing Blades anymore.

what if havoc is blades...?
didnt wanna tell anyone he got a ws6......?

lol im playin, great vid! keep them coming!

Users who are viewing this thread