About to replace inner belt. Need to confirm part #!

Status
Not open for further replies.

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
Getting ready to replace my inner accessory belt.

Motorcraft's website lists 2 belts.

1. JK6-947AA - RIBBED BELT, 6 RIBS, CIRCUMFERENCE 94 7/8" - APPEARANCE PACK

2. JK6-966A - RIBBED BELT, 6 RIBS, CIRCUMFERENCE 96 6/8" - w/AC TENSION PULLY - SVT COBRA

Now one of them specifically says SVT Cobra and I'm gonna assume the other is for the Mach 1, but I would just like a confirmation before I pick one up.

So, my next question is concerning the corresponding Gatorback belt/part #.

Motorcraft lists that the SVT Cobra 6 rib belt is 96.75 inches. Is that the effective length or outer length? The word circumference being used would indicate it's probably the outer, but again, just want to be sure.

Gatorback part #'s
1. 4060960 - 6 rib - 96" effective - 96.75" outer
2. 4060967 - 6 rib - 96.75" effective - 97.5" outer

Which one?

Thanks in advance :beer:

Slow99x

Established Member
Inner accessory belt? There is no such thing on an 03-04 Cobra. One belt drives everything. There is no possible way that the same belt could be used on a Mach1. Check billetflow.com for belt sizes and possibly part #s.

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
Inner accessory belt? There is no such thing on an 03-04 Cobra. One belt drives everything. There is no possible way that the same belt could be used on a Mach1. Check billetflow.com for belt sizes and possibly part #s.

You are incorrect. Please try again.

KILRSVT

Established Member
You should take a look under your hood more often there are two belts on a terminator the inner one is covered by the cage ...... Will be changing the belt soon on mine as well....part # would be helpful

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I think you better look again. There are 2 belts. One drives the blower and alternator, the other drives the A/C compressor, power steering and water pump.

I used a Gates K060962 when I changed mine.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member

WTF :shrug:

there is an inner belt there spanky

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member

2003CobraInnerBeltRoutingDiagram.gif

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I've used Gates exclusively because they've got more meat on 'em
Never had a noise issue either.

I've grown tired of posting that because it seems to always start a battle with the Gatorback fans :p

To each their own...

Last edited:

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
I think you better look again. There are 2 belts. One drives the blower and alternator, the other drives the A/C compressor, power steering and water pump.

I used a Gates K060962 when I changed mine.

Excellent, thanks. I look into that Gates belt.

Goodyear part# 4060960 is correct :thumbsup:

Thanks for the confirmation :thumbsup:

GATES is the way to go. gatorbacks tend to come apart due to the ribs being serrated.

I've used Gates exclusively because they've got more meat on 'em
Never had a noise issue either.

I've grown tired of posting that because it seems to always start a battle with the Gatorback fans :p

To each their own...

Here's my issue with the Gates. I've got the Gates as my blower belt right now, and I've got the ridiculously annoying chirp. Was planning to switch to Gatorback as I've heard that's a good solution.

I'm really just wanting to avoid chirp.

Would a Gates inner belt and a Gatorback outer belt be a good way to go or would I possibly have issues with the inner belt chirping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread