About to pull the trigger on a Shelby, need your thoughts...

PTYHRD

Established Member
Some will take it the wrong way but I mean no disrespect. I'd wait for a '17 and avoid a '16 Tech car. Whether you ever track the car or not, there is a certain stigma attached to the Tech cars, in a negative context to boot.

Nah I understand. I just don't have money like that to be tossing around. I had to sell my bike for the money to put down so I'm just trying to get the best deal I can. I think if none of these 16s work out I'll just order a 17 like you said. That ruby color is sick

PTYHRD

Established Member
Are you talking about Koons Ford in Sterling. I find it crazy that they have tech cars with a "Wow" price of 70+. I am in the market as well for a track pak car. I am not paying over msrp. I know they paid over msrp for most of the 8 gt350's they have. The market is softening in N. Va. This is classic dealer greed. I think they will have to let these go under msrp when the 17's hit.

You got it right. I think they have two track cars. The all black and an avalanche. I can't really say anything bad about the dealer with the all black one. They were really trying to sell me the car, I just couldn't bring myself to even throw away the 2k. But I know a lot of people paid more then that. I rather save that money and use it for wheel & tire package or some other nonsense they will sell me on

Mustang289

Established Member
Are you talking about Koons Ford in Sterling. I find it crazy that they have tech cars with a "Wow" price of 70+. I am in the market as well for a track pak car. I am not paying over msrp. I know they paid over msrp for most of the 8 gt350's they have. The market is softening in N. Va. This is classic dealer greed. I think they will have to let these go under msrp when the 17's hit.

Sterling Ford will not drop the ADM when the 17s ship. Sterling Ford is right around the corner where I live, so I see there prices. I was recently out cruising in my 04 Terminator stopped in to look at GT350s, everyone had a 20k ADM slapped on.

liter of cola

Established Member
small world... i bought my 2014 tp gt new from koons sterling ford in november 2014 for $29k. they have great deals from time to time, but they are still a dealership and like most they are greedy.

PTYHRD

Established Member
small world... i bought my 2014 tp gt new from koons sterling ford in november 2014 for $29k. they have great deals from time to time, but they are still a dealership and like most they are greedy.

I don't see how the different Koons dealers can have different mark ups. The 16 I wanted to buy was at Falls Church. The cars are Sterling have way more of a mark up.

Im trying to find a dealer that will order me a 17. I want the ruby.

PTYHRD

Established Member
Sterling Ford will not drop the ADM when the 17s ship. Sterling Ford is right around the corner where I live, so I see there prices. I was recently out cruising in my 04 Terminator stopped in to look at GT350s, everyone had a 20k ADM slapped on.

I just don't see how the different Koons dealers have different mark up and so many Shelbys. Im hoping the sales guy calls me this weekend and the one I was looking at hasn't sold.

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
Unless you calling out of state dealers, you have to go to the dealership to discuss price (Get their best deal). Over the phone your a tire kicker.

thehygienist

Banned
I don't see how the different Koons dealers can have different mark ups. The 16 I wanted to buy was at Falls Church. The cars are Sterling have way more of a mark up.

Im trying to find a dealer that will order me a 17. I want the ruby.

Hey Ptyhrd, I live up north in Silver Spring, MD. I've got a Ruby with black roof on order. We should get together when our orders come in. Sounds like a few of us folks in the DC area can do a meetup at some point.

Variance

Unless you calling out of state dealers, you have to go to the dealership to discuss price (Get their best deal). Over the phone your a tire kicker.

Just be careful, because some dealers will lie to get you in the showroom. A dealer in Central KY just pulled that on me, making me drive over an hour just to find out that they wanted $10k over MSRP (I was told over e-mail that there would be no mark-up)... Asking to speak with the Sales Manager, or asking for availability and asking price to be confirmed with the Sales Manager can help to mitigate this.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I take it the Central KY dealer learned how unhappy you were with what they did?

liter of cola

Established Member
Just be careful, because some dealers will lie to get you in the showroom. A dealer in Central KY just pulled that on me, making me drive over an hour just to find out that they wanted $10k over MSRP (I was told over e-mail that there would be no mark-up)... Asking to speak with the Sales Manager, or asking for availability and asking price to be confirmed with the Sales Manager can help to mitigate this.

if i drove an hour to hear that, one of their cars would have a custom pinstripe before i leave.

PTYHRD

Established Member
Hey Ptyhrd, I live up north in Silver Spring, MD. I've got a Ruby with black roof on order. We should get together when our orders come in. Sounds like a few of us folks in the DC area can do a meetup at some point.

Let me know got some news today....

PTYHRD

Established Member
Just an update....went to Lindsey Ford in Md and they made me a deal today.

Ended up with a 2017 black gt350 w/ convience package. Ford maintenance and wheel and tire package. MSRP on the 17.

Going to hurt the ol bank account but I sold my Harley to get something I really wanted. They had a 2016 red w/ stripes tech pack and a black w/ white strip tech pack. And then the 2017. The 17 MSRP was more but track pack standard and the nice seats and screen.

I really appreciate all the help. Looking forward to having this beast.

bknapp

Established Member
Just an update....went to Lindsey Ford in Md and they made me a deal today.

Ended up with a 2017 black gt350 w/ convience package. Ford maintenance and wheel and tire package. MSRP on the 17.

Going to hurt the ol bank account but I sold my Harley to get something I really wanted. They had a 2016 red w/ stripes tech pack and a black w/ white strip tech pack. And then the 2017. The 17 MSRP was more but track pack standard and the nice seats and screen.

I really appreciate all the help. Looking forward to having this beast.

Nice work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Variance

I take it the Central KY dealer learned how unhappy you were with what they did?
As much as I wanted to say something to the sales guy, I understand it's over his pay grade, so I just stood up and walked out. I did, however, e-mail the sales manager, general manager, vice president, and owner expressing my displeasure. We'll see if I hear anything back (I doubt it).

if i drove an hour to hear that, one of their cars would have a custom pinstripe before i leave.
While I don't think I could bring myself to do that, I did almost drop-kick the showroom door on the way out. Had to settle with the Lotus screaming 8500 RPMs of anger down the street.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread