About to pull the trigger on a Shelby, need your thoughts...

PTYHRD

Established Member
New to the board but been following for a while. I'm looking at buying a shelby, tentatively sold my Harley to get one. So I will have cash down.

I've been working with my local dealer who was at 5k over MSRP for a black on black, track pack car. I've gotten them down to 2k over MSRP right now and a great rate.

My only thing is I sold my bike that I love to get into a car I love. I have some time to think about it now with cash in my pocket, not trading in my bike to them. What irks me is them bragging about selling the first gt350s for 30k over to my face they have already made their money. I'm not a baller and the extra 2k would still help lower my payment further.

Am I stupid passing on this deal or can these be had for MSRP now? Thanks for the help I know this topic has been beat to death.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I paid $2,500 over a few months ago and while it hurt to pay more than msrp, I'm glad I got it out of the way and got rolling when I did. It's all about time and how much you are willing to wait to get what makes you feel comfortable. There are msrp deals out there if you work really hard but I have to say, two grand over isn't bad considering what the market has been demanding.

PTYHRD

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I have a feeling ill regret the decision to walk away. But I think I'm going to stick to my guns here

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Any consideration for a 13/14 GT500? I think the new 350's are awesome, but they aren't the street beast the 13/14's are and can be had for the same money or likely less.

PTYHRD

Established Member
Any consideration for a 13/14 GT500? I think the new 350's are awesome, but they aren't the street beast the 13/14's are and can be had for the same money or likely less.

I thought about it before selling my harley. They are sick too. But soon as the gt350 came out I knew thats what I wanted. Or a GTR, but for the price I don't really want a 2010 car thats been beat on.

swedensky

Established Member
As Tob said, MSRP deals are out there but I think 2k is very fair. A lot of guys are finding MSRP deals and then paying 2k to ship them from where they found them. If it's the build you want, do the 2k over and start enjoying the car. I haven't met anyone yet that paid over stocker and regretted it. I paid msrp and after experiencing the car, if I was told I had to pay over sticker I can say it would have been worth some amount over to me.

PTYHRD

Established Member
As Tob said, MSRP deals are out there but I think 2k is very fair. A lot of guys are finding MSRP deals and then paying 2k to ship them from where they found them. If it's the build you want, do the 2k over and start enjoying the car. I haven't met anyone yet that paid over stocker and regretted it. I paid msrp and after experiencing the car, if I was told I had to pay over sticker I can say it would have been worth some amount over to me.

Thanks, I'll prob find this out the hard way.

1FASFKR

Established Member
FWIW, I think you'll be able to get one for MSRP soon enough if you wanted to wait. Plenty of them starting to appear. That being said, I'd pay $2k over for a black with black stripes.

PTYHRD

Established Member
FWIW, I think you'll be able to get one for MSRP soon enough if you wanted to wait. Plenty of them starting to appear. That being said, I'd pay $2k over for a black with black stripes.

Thanks for the help. I really like the track package cars. I think 2k over is probably fine. Im just going to sit this one out till the right deal comes. I already told the dealer I'm going to pass.

krt22

Established Member
2k over for that area I would say isnt that bad. I paid MSRP out of state, but had to turn around and spend $1000 to ship it. I would tell them you found one out of a state for sticker, but it will cost you 1k to ship, so if they can do 1k over then you have a deal.

PTYHRD

Established Member
2k over for that area I would say isnt that bad. I paid MSRP out of state, but had to turn around and spend $1000 to ship it. I would tell them you found one out of a state for sticker, but it will cost you 1k to ship, so if they can do 1k over then you have a deal.

I think they are tired of dealing with me. They said 2k is their bottom price and a one time deal for tonight. It is what it is, this area sure doesn't help. Too much money around here.

Para81

Established Member
Only 1,305 GT350 Track Packs. 2k is lot less than most had to pay. Do you have another option/allocation?

PTYHRD

Established Member
Only 1,305 GT350 Track Packs. 2k is lot less than most had to pay. Do you have another option/allocation?

There are a couple in my area, going to start calling around. I'm not going to the track so I don't need that option really although its nice. Tons of tech packs in the area.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Some will take it the wrong way but I mean no disrespect. I'd wait for a '17 and avoid a '16 Tech car. Whether you ever track the car or not, there is a certain stigma attached to the Tech cars, in a negative context to boot.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Some will take it the wrong way but I mean no disrespect. I'd wait for a '17 and avoid a '16 Tech car. Whether you ever track the car or not, there is a certain stigma attached to the Tech cars, in a negative context to boot.

And you may limit yourself for a future sale if your buyer is wanting a car that doesn't overheat on track. And, all it takes is one time on the track and you will be hooked!

Tom

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
Are you talking about Koons Ford in Sterling. I find it crazy that they have tech cars with a "Wow" price of 70+. I am in the market as well for a track pak car. I am not paying over msrp. I know they paid over msrp for most of the 8 gt350's they have. The market is softening in N. Va. This is classic dealer greed. I think they will have to let these go under msrp when the 17's hit.

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
Try Cowles Ford in Woodbridge, they have two 16 tech cars that may be able to be had at msrp. The dealer seemed more interested in selling at msrp when I talked to them late last week. At this point, I going to wait for a 17.

Users who are viewing this thread