About to MOD my buddy's 04.....Got any Tips on the Install???

White98SVT

Established Member
My buddy picked up a 2.8 pully from Steeda, belt tensioner, cold air kit, and the Diablo programmer.

Anyone have any tips on this or is the pully and programmer pretty straight forward?

9A Pilot

durability tester
Established Member
I will soon become more authoritative on this,but my use of the 'search' on this site has revealed that the preadator has a generic "pully tune" you can download.From what I've determined here,2.8 pullies are a bit much for an otherwise stock car..Or at least one with a stock Heat exchanger.I would not try a pully change with out a dedicated pully tool.RPM outlet sells one,as well as others..I speak from experience on this..We ruined a blower on a 2000 GTP trying to 'make do'..I hung my head in shame at the memory of it...It's a pretty bad feeling letting out all of the 'blower juice' on a 30K car,Because you didn't have the right tools...

redsvtcobra

Established Member
You CANNOT use a regular puller and be careful using that canned predator tune with a 2.8

mystic1

KB'd BITCH!!!!
Established Member
You can not use the a regular pulley tool www.rpmoutlet.com sells them along with www.southfloridapulleyhq.com. I would be careful when useing the predator canned pulley tune, as it may lean the car out to an extreme amount. I would load the pulley tune and richen up the fuel and take some spark out to be on the safe side. I would then make time to get down to the dyno and tune your buddy's car and make sure you have a good air/fuel ratio of about 11.5-12.0 and call it good. Another thing is you might what to look into getting a good set of plugs such as NGK TR6's or Deneso Iridium IT22's.

White98SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by redsvtcobra
You CANNOT use a regular puller and be careful using that canned predator tune with a 2.8

So basically we need the pulley tool that costs a few hundred dollars? I was under the impression that I didn't but I would much rather not ruin the blower on that car.

As far as the Diablo programmer....why is it so much different than a regular tune?

MTI LS1

Like said, richen the tune as much as possible and then get to a dyno and check the air/fuel. You don't want the car to hit full boost and be running crazy lean. Not good.

davidmax

Established Member
Always!!! check on a Dyno it will give your(if long distance) your tuner a map of whats going on.Dave Smilovic
PS: With wide band or we have the Dyno Jet wide band commander its almost as accurate as a 4500.00 unit!,at just a few hundred freight free.(Dyno Jet dont make junk and there tech Dept. is superd on dolling out knowledge,but we can answer all your questions free for the taking.
Best of luck,and bless us all at 160mph if your the 30% who build corner Carvers and we do great suspension,Drag or twisties special.
For exact price call and one of our Techs will help you out and explain the theory,and you can use this info when ever modding and needing a reburn.We find many Stang and Vettes use many as do the trucks Lightning,Dodge,even Toyota for you Supra owners who turned wrong and found the possibility of going fast without a second mortgage.
For me to have a 550 Rwhp Cobra (or 5.4) costs 35% tops over the C-5 or even worse against the F-Bodies that dominated a bit many Moons ago.
Keep them reving and use some suspension parts to turn as if on rails.70%+ of our customers build them for the 1320,I did the same.Now I'm saving for a low mile 03' and enjoy that sports car(which is what it really is)and still turn 12's or better with a real driver.So what did I do Built a dragster,were looking at low 8's once we have the time,customers cars pay the bills,but with all the monsters we build our reputation proceeds itself.Dave SmiloviPS: Call for Bill or Mike we have some amazing brake packages which were reserved for Ferrari,Vettes,Porsches etc.
Some are minor mods for minor pricing.Dave S.

Users who are viewing this thread