About to get my dream car!

99GreenCobra

Established Member
My dad bought a brand new electric green Cobra 13 years ago. To date it has 12,000 miles and is bone stock. I was with him when he bought it and picked it up. We both had a lot of fun with this car. I ended up moving ten hours away and for the last three years the SVT sat because my Dads knee is getting bad. A few days ago I was with him when he purchased a 2013 5.0L auto. I told him to trade his Cobra in. He didn't like that. He tried to sell it but he really didn't want to. He turned to me and my wife at the dealership and said why dont you take it home? We were both speechless. He said the thought of selling it to some schmuck stressed him out so much. The car is pristine and only last year did he have the tires replaced. Its unmolested too, but not for long!

I don't pick the car up for another couple weeks but I will post some pics when I can. We are both very stoked! I told my Dad it will always be garaged and kept in the same condition that we received it in.

PS this site is awesome! I have done a ton of reading already!

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Wow, what a great Dad!! My 13 yr old has already been wishing that what happened to you is in his future, although the details are different -- I didn't buy mine new, high miles already, not unmolested.

Congrats and have fun!!

shurur

Established Member
I understand entirely how your Dad feels. Kelly (my car) says hello...post some pics up on the gallery..

Last edited:

99GreenCobra

Established Member
Thanks guys! Good to see another electric green on here! Its the rarest color from what I have read! At the time there were only two electric green cobras in Canada. Its number 2849 of 4040 and I can't wait to pick it up. I have had to eat my words with my wife. I always tell her my garage is my workshop can't park cars in there... Cleaning the garage today so I can park the Cobra! Its never seen snow and I don't want to start now!

99GreenCobra

Established Member
Damn rotten luck. In two weeks we are picking the car up. But I just rolled my ankle walking thru my garage. Broke a bone in my foot many sprained my ankle real bad. On crutches with a boot cast for at least two weeks. Wife is stoked cause it's looking like she gets to drive it 9 hours home. Either that or I trailer it home with my f150.

shurur

Established Member
Damn rotten luck. In two weeks we are picking the car up. But I just rolled my ankle walking thru my garage. Broke a bone in my foot many sprained my ankle real bad. On crutches with a boot cast for at least two weeks. Wife is stoked cause it's looking like she gets to drive it 9 hours home. Either that or I trailer it home with my f150.

Green cars are supposedly bad luck in car lore...I say..be a sport and let wifey drive the car..

99GreenCobra

Established Member
Green cars are supposedly bad luck in car lore...I say..be a sport and let wifey drive the car..

That kinda funny because originally my Dad had problems with the car. We might end up towing the car on a trailer so we don't have to drive seperate for 9-10 hours. Will see.

This was my ankle about an hour after it happened. Its looking much better now.
IMG_0875.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread