About to buy some new wheels and rims. Will I need spacers or low profile irs bolts?

froggerlives07

Established Member
Well im gunna bite the bullet and get myself some 17x10.5 replicas and debating on getting the NT05R'S. I don't daily drive my cobra, just mostly sunny nice days. The only suspension mods I have is the 9/16 bolts. Will be getting an irs brace soon. Do you guys recommend these or the NT05'S. Also Will I need the low profile bolts or spacers? By the way car is not lowered YET! Will be cutting stock springs probably in the summer.

Mods
2.8 pulley
100mm Aux
bbk o/r x pipe
bbk cai
Magnaflow exhaust
Evenflow head cooling mod.

Yes I searched.

Last edited:

Othic

Established Member
I just mounted some 10.5 wheels with 315/35R17 NT05Rs today. You will need to grind down or get the rounded bolts. I ground mine down and Im not comfortable raising the car too many times due to the sharp edges. Not only does it hit the IRS bolt, it digs into the IRS bracket. So I will be ordering some rounded ones. I also put H&R race springs in so Im not sure if it will hit or not with the stock suspension. I used no spacers

In the air with ground bolt and stock springs
IRSbolt.gif

Oh yeah:rockon:
REARtires.gif

froggerlives07

Established Member
Nice! Do you have anything done to the rear? How's the the irs handle it? And what is this I hear of heat cycling them?

Othic

Established Member
I have the FTBR kit and a LPW diff cover. I rarely go to the track or do any 'spirited driving' so I couldnt really tell you. Although I did stab in in first last night rolling about 15 mph and they hook great on the street. Heat cycling is just a process to break in the tire and it supposed to make it last longer.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I just mounted some 10.5 wheels with 315/35R17 NT05Rs today. You will need to grind down or get the rounded bolts. I ground mine down and Im not comfortable raising the car too many times due to the sharp edges. Not only does it hit the IRS bolt, it digs into the IRS bracket. So I will be ordering some rounded ones. I also put H&R race springs in so Im not sure if it will hit or not with the stock suspension. I used no spacers

In the air with ground bolt and stock springs
IRSbolt.gif

Oh yeah:rockon:
REARtires.gif

For the $14, buy the IRS Bolts Maximum Motorsports Low Profile IRS Subframe Bolts (99-04 Cobra) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

...looks like you could also use a 1/4" wheel spacer!

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
Get the bolts. On 10.5's with 315 you will rub or come very close. BTW spinning the weel while the car is on the jack stands will not tell you if the rub. You have to get out and test it a few miles. Then check. I agree for $15 it is not worth your time not having to jack the car back up, taking the wheels off and waiting for bolts to arrive and then putting then back on.

greengt88

Established Member
I assume the 9/16" bolts u have r from FTBR? They don't really do anything unless u also use the bushings also. Def. Get the round head bolts from MM or Steeda has them as well. The only 315 u can run with no spacer is Nitto 555's just the reg. Radials. U should not need spacers with those. Also do urself a favor and buy the rep. Wheels from AFS and not MorXchn or American Muscle. AFS is the brand u want! The factory center caps will actually fit those, and I've never heard of any issues with them unlike the Chinese crap AM sells. Just call AFS directly.

va boy

Established Member
Same set up here, 10.5 replicas with NT05 315/35/17's. I have the button head IRS bolts and a 1/4" spacer. I could have gotten away without the spacers but it was extremely close on my car. Your results may vary, they are all a little bit different.
If you go more than 1/4" spacers, be sure and go with longer ARP studs for safety!

Users who are viewing this thread