??? about springs

jcobra

Established Member
My 03 cobra had Kenny Brown lowering springs that we cut a bit to get the stance how I wanted it. I have the FRPP suspension on my shelby and im wondering it it can be done with these springs. Id like to bring the rear end down a bit if its possible.

BMspeed

Stings doesn't it!!!
Established Member
not sure if it can be done on these? from pics I've seen I think the coils are wound smaller at the ends so it fits in the spring seats. if you cut that out it may not hold itself in anymore. just a thought:shrug:

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
The BMR spring will drop it around 2 inches or more after they settle in. Just what I have seen on my car. The FRPP only drop 1 inch if im not mistaken.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Someone sell me their FRPP rear springs!! Haha...seriously.

I haven't looked to see if you could cut them yet, but supposing you can...yeah shouldn't be an issue. I think you'd have to cut the bottoms and heat/reclose the coil for it to sit properly.

jcobra

Established Member
springs should never be cut,if you want to be lower than ford racing get the eibachs.They about a half inch lower.

I had eibachs on my 01 cobra years ago and they provided the shittiest ride ive ever had. They were the springs that never stopped lowering.

Blaine

Established Member
I had eibachs on my 01 cobra years ago and they provided the shittiest ride ive ever had. They were the springs that never stopped lowering.

I have the full Eibach kit on mine GT500. Rides not much rougher than stock, but only had them a couple months.:shrug:

AlCaPwn

Established Member
I have Eibach sportlines and they are just as easy riding as stock. Only difference is no more of that monster truck body rool when cutting the wheel and turning. everyone that rides in it comments on how it is the nicest riding lowered car they have been in. I hear you on the Eibachs for the new edge body style, but they obviously did their homework on this platform.

1cbitten

Established Member
I have Eibach PRO-KIT and 20" wheel setup and my car rides better than it ever did stock. It surprised me as I was expecting a harsher ride. I personally am in love with my setup as far as looks, handling, ride quality is as smooth as glass without any road or popping noises.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Steeda here. 1.5 front...2" rear drop..although they did settle a touch bit more...ride is great too!

oh ya, I'm not big on cutting these type springs;-)

que4dog

Established Member
You can not cut the GT500 springs but you could on the 03-04 Cobra. Try the steeda's, I love the way they look.

Last edited:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member

Ride is usually relative to the quality of shock/struts you decided to run...

I've got a friend that put Eibach Pro's in his '00 GT and they have continually sagged over the years (since '03 or so). They finally have stopped, but they're so much lower than when he first put them in it's not funny.

Users who are viewing this thread