? about Engine skipping

roushstage2

Established Member
I just got my car back from the dealer along with being $507 lighter. The car feels much better, and does not stutter like it did before. They tell me that the car still has a misfire in the #4 cylinder. They say it could be a plug, injector, etc...

They just replaced the CCRM, and before it was replaced the car had a rough idle (500 RPM), and it would shake bad at idle. Now it doesnt shake any more than normal, but the dealer said it still has a skip.

My question is how can I tell if it is misfireing? I can change the plug tomorrow, but if I cant tell that it is skipping, how can I tell if its fixed or not? I have a predator, does it have a way of data logging weither it is skipping or not?
Any help is appreciated.

03COBRASILVER

Established Member
The predator will datalog a misfire, I'm not sure if it will tell you exactly what cylinder though, never tried to get that detailed with it. Also if you have a continous misfire, the computer will throw the SES light.

roushstage2

Established Member
03COBRASILVER said:
The predator will datalog a misfire, I'm not sure if it will tell you exactly what cylinder though, never tried to get that detailed with it. Also if you have a continous misfire, the computer will throw the SES light.

I noticed in the book, that it will check for a misfire. I did datalog that parameter, but all it listed was yes/no (it showed no at all times). I will try and data log more of the misfire parameters and see what that shows. I dont really need it to tell me which cylinder, since they said it was #4.

I also thought about the CEL, but it has never come on since I have had the car. I am starting to think there is no skip, but I will change the plug and see if that does anything. Thanks for your help.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread