About all those battery "breakthroughs..."

tom_tom

Established Member
EV battery storage is a losing proposition both environmentally and in efficiency. The focus is miss directed. The focus needs to be on each vehicle being it's own ion generator. Don't laugh, it's 50 year old technology that would cripple the world's power hungry though. Just as Ben Franklin displayed electrical energy flying a kite and Tesla's countless projects. Electrical ions are around us. The coils for harnessing and directing for current aren't available YET.

As far as 100 miles a gallon on gas that's unlikely with petrol alone. We did have a local guy invent a carburetor that atomized gas and water together in the 60s that got over 50 mpg in a V8. The technology was purchased and buried. He built Summit Point Raceway with some of the proceeds. That's the folklore from many elders.

I do research the library of Congress archives for research ( talk about going down a rabbit hole) anyways found this article about the Maxwell in 1915. Very interesting Motor Week kind of story. 21 mpg on the route I'm very familiar with today is amazing.View attachment 1739762

Sent from my SM-S506DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Fake news

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
A couple of items with little discussion, in the news or anywhere else.
Found these 2 posts on the ( www.fordgt500.com ) this morning, another topic was being discussed..
" This! I did some site work for a gas station rebuild in my area. Owner decided to put in a quick charging station, told me the cost ended up north of 160k for one! Did some asking around since I know some electrical contractors and have done some for my own projects. I was told that the quick chargers are so expensive because they require a 3 phase connection and pull 200 amps plus to charge a car in 40 minutes or whatever the time frame is. I do not see this as feasible given our current state regarding generation and the age of our grid. "
" It is a topic whereby idiot politicians act before understanding what they are doing. This is real in Missouri. The answer is yes, our neighborhood cannot support even 3 people running 400A service. This would be assuming most people have 200A service now(some are 100A) in smaller, older 2 bd homes. As for businesses your on target with 150k per fast charging stations. So if you have a resturant your going to put in 1/2 million in charging stations? The lunacy is out of control here. It is for new or renovations you need to put in the stations. Some of our state politicians are wringing their hands about it, but its all bloviating, nothing will get done to stop it. "

Users who are viewing this thread