? about Aeroforce gauge readings

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
I see alot of people set the gauge to read their IAT temperature. Why? Can't you just look at the console above your head if your looking to get an outside temperature reading? For me my IAT matches the reading on the console exactly. Is there a reason for monitoring this feature?

Last edited:

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
Not sure how the IAT1 can match ambient temp when its sitting in the hot engine compartment. Mine is sealed in the Chickenears box and still reads about 10* higher then ambient or a little more. That being said most guys watch the IAT2 sensor which is mounted in the intake after your supercharger and intercooler. If your intercooler pump were to go bad that temp would sore sky high and once over 150* the computer will retard timing and guys have lost engines due to that. That is one reading I always watch on my Aeroforce. Im going to a dual setup now and will prob mainly watch IAT2 coolant temp trans temp and ?

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i like to use mine for coolant temp too b/c its WAY more accurate than the stock gauge. I once saw my IAT2 temp go sky high about a mile from my house and when i got back to the garage i found that that my IC pump wasnt working. If it wasnt for that i would have never known my pump wasnt working. well i would have found out 4 days later when i was at the track... that would have pissed me off to get to the track just to find out my pump wasnt pumping the ice cold water from the resivoir to the intercooler.

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
i like to use mine for coolant temp too b/c its WAY more accurate than the stock gauge. I once saw my IAT2 temp go sky high about a mile from my house and when i got back to the garage i found that that my IC pump wasnt working. If it wasnt for that i would have never known my pump wasnt working. well i would have found out 4 days later when i was at the track... that would have pissed me off to get to the track just to find out my pump wasnt pumping the ice cold water from the resivoir to the intercooler.

What did your temps shoot to after the IC pump went bad on you?

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
i cant remember man, i wanna say like 150 or something but that was right after a lil blast down the street trying to find my def dog... all i really know was when the warning light came on i was like WTF???? checked all gauges and drove home in a safe manner. I would walk out to the truck and look at what the warning light is set on BUT im in iraq and havent seen my truck in a few months now.

Users who are viewing this thread