A ZL1 gets on the interstate...

Tx5.0

Established Member
So there I was by myself driving on I-20 when I see a camaro coming from the on ramp in front of me. First thoughts were "Meh probably a V6" then I noticed the badge... ZL1. I catch up not sure if he would play or not so I just kept it in 6th @ about 65ish as I pass him. Out of nowhere he flies past me so I give chase. Once he slowed down I catch up and roll my window down giving the signal "One more time".

This time I'am in 3rd, not sure about what gear he was in but he hits it again as well I as do right after. I stopped his pull right then and begin to walk away.
As I was leaving him I looked over and seen the words "WTF" come out of his mouth. We ran a few more times with the same out come.
We agree to pull over and chat... He asked me what all I had in the car and I replied "2 German shepards, window unit a/c, luggage, desktop pc, AR15, .45acp with ammo along with other stuff since I was moving. I popped the hood and showed him the vortech though. His car was stock.

He was a cool guy and said he never gets to drive his car much cause man his engine bay was DIRTY lol. He did say that he had new respect for the 5.0!

20130629_083015_zps12c18b1d.jpg

Last edited:

evolve

Established Member
Nice kill! There seems to be a couple of fast ZL1s (obviously not this one lol). Another one for the 5.OH.

Tx5.0

Established Member
Drove the car from Florida to Texas and it helps with rock chips and bugs!

GT500-lolz@MPG

Established Member
Nice job with the kill and even better with the tape lmao. Doesn't a car bra do the same thing?

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I usually tape mine up too, but I usually go all the way back to the back tires :lol1:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Good Kill!!

How many lengths did you put on him to put things into perspective?

Tx5.0

Established Member
A bra would do the same but you don't get as many cool looks :coolman:. It was a few weeks since this happened but I remember putting about 2 links then letting off. I got the guys number so hopefully whenever I make another video he'll be in it :rockon:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
A bra would do the same but you don't get as many cool looks :coolman:. It was a few weeks since this happened but I remember putting about 2 links then letting off. I got the guys number so hopefully whenever I make another video he'll be in it :rockon:

Would that be sausage links? :lol1:

Good kill!

brendan.9

Svt Turkey Farmer
Established Member
good kill i had the same wtf look when i pulled out to pass a zl1 when we turned onto the highway at the same time and he tried to not let me pass as i went by him.

Sick03Vert

Banned
those black bras suck. They really tear up your clearcoat and paint underneath.

^this.

If you have ever taken a regular car bra off the front of a vehicle after having it on for about five years, you can see the damage. Plus the paint on the rest of the car is faded, giving your car very unpleasant tan lines. :-D

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
As I was leaving him I looked over and seen the words "WTF" come out of his mouth.

He asked me what all I had in the car and I replied "2 German shepards, window unit a/c, luggage, desktop pc, AR15, .45acp with ammo along with other stuff since I was moving.

I LOL'd hard at both of these. Nice kill.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Nice kill, BTW you didn't need the blower to beat him, those pigs are slow!

:dw: did you even read the story? In this instance I'd say the blower was needed, he said he only put 2 lengths on the ZL1. That's WITH the blower!

Users who are viewing this thread