A video I made of my trip across Europe

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Last fall I spent 2 months bouncing around Europe. Everything from the Ring, the Ferrari Factory, the Pope, the David, the Swiss Alps, and even a little trip to a neighboring continent and out into the Sahara.

Video editing is NOT my thing, but I trimmed down about an hour and a half into this. Be sure to change the quality to HD.

[video=youtube;QHQAwhm3tBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQAwhm3tBY[/video]

canadianbullitt

Established Member
Holy shit dude that's a lot of traveling in two months. I spent two month in Europe the summer of 2013. Amazing!!
Velencia and the Amalfi coast (looks like it in your video anyway) are pretty wicked so see.
Nothing beats those beautiful swiss alps though.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
WOW, thats awesome. Thanks for sharing. Would love to do this one day.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Holy shit dude that's a lot of traveling in two months. I spent two month in Europe the summer of 2013. Amazing!!
Velencia and the Amalfi coast (looks like it in your video anyway) are pretty wicked so see.
Nothing beats those beautiful swiss alps though.

Thanks man. Actually it wasn't the Amalfi coast, it was Cinque Terre. It's a region about an hour from Milan, Italy on the coast. There's 5 little villages along the shore that are connected via hiking trails. So you can hike from one to the next, to the next, enjoy a meal at some restaurant serving fresh food that caught that day and wine they grew themselves, and then pay 2 euros to take the train back to the village you stayed in.

My schedule was packed, but I don't think I over did it at all. I can think of several times where I wasted half a day in whatever city and didn't do anything.

Here's my schedule. A "-" notes it was a travel day to that city.
-July 31 London
1 London
2 London
3 London
-4 to Paris
5 Paris
6 Pairs
7 Paris
8 Paris
-9 to Bruges
10 Bruges
-11 to Cologne
12 Cologne
-13 to the Ring
14 The Ring
15 to Amsterdam
16 Amsterdam
17 Amsterdam
-18 to Berlin
19 Berlin
20 Berlin
21 Berlin
-22 to Prague
23 Prague
24 Prague
25 Prague
-26 to Budapest
27 Budapest
28 Budapest
29 Budapest
-30 Flight to Rome
31 Rome (day trip to Pompeii)
1 Rome (Vatican)
2 Rome
3 Rome
-4 to Florence
5 Florence
6 Florence
-7 to Cinque Terre
8 Cinque Terre
9 Cinque Terre
-10 to Bologna
11 Pagani, Ferrari, Lamborghini
-12 to Gimmelwald
13 Gimmelwald
14 Gimmelwald
15 Gimmelwald
-16 to Lauterbrunnen
17 Lauterbrunnen
18 Lauterbrunnen
-19 flight to Barcelona
20 Barcelona
21 Barcelona
22 Barcelona
23 Barcelona
-24 flight to Marrakesh
25 Marrakesh
26 Marrakesh
27 Marrakesh (3 day 2 night Sahara trip)
28 Marrakesh (3 day 2 night Sahara trip)
29 Marrakesh (3 day 2 night Sahara trip)
-30 Fly to London
-1 FLY HOME

99arboC

Established Member
Very cool video I watched it with my 7 year old son and we tried to pick out all the place we have been. Still need to make it to Cinque Terre very cool place.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Very cool video I watched it with my 7 year old son and we tried to pick out all the place we have been. Still need to make it to Cinque Terre very cool place.

Hahaha, well you're already in Germany, so any of those places can be easily access. Myself, it involves a thousand dollar airline ticket to start. CInque Terre is one amazing place. Bonus aspect, to get there, you will likely pass through Pisa, and the leaning tower is just about 1.5km from the train station. It was raining when I went through Pisa(the video of the rain on the tracks), so I was lazy and didn't bother going.

quad

Established Member
Last fall I spent 2 months bouncing around Europe. Everything from the Ring, the Ferrari Factory, the Pope, the David, the Swiss Alps, and even a little trip to a neighboring continent and out into the Sahara.

Video editing is NOT my thing, but I trimmed down about an hour and a half into this. Be sure to change the quality to HD.

[video=youtube;QHQAwhm3tBY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHQAwhm3tBY[/video]
Thanks for posting this. The videos really helps to take us along and experience a tiny bit of what you did. It would be nice to do that one day.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Great video. That has to be a trip you'll never forget. I'd love to do something like that. You're a lucky guy.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Great video. That has to be a trip you'll never forget. I'd love to do something like that. You're a lucky guy.

It was amazing! It inspired a friend to want to do the same, and he's now leaving May 2nd for 2 months. He's dollar:euro rate is much nicer, so I'm a little jealous. Plus he's hitting up several different cities I would love to check out. Having a job that will let me just disappear like this, and the lower exchange rate is REALLY pushing me to do it all again....or I could partially fund a coyote swap. Decisions, decisions....

Users who are viewing this thread