A Vacation away from MM.net

maraudernkc

Procharger Kit #0
Established Member
Vacation

I am sorry that some people received a vacation. I think that you all know that you can talk in my forum. I was told that the thread was going to be closed down and I did not think that closing the thread was fair to me and told the moderator to take care of the people he was unhappy with,

I am sorry that two people received a vacation. I had a good friend get a very long vacation and I don't like to see that happen to anyone.

Sorry guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
maraudernkc said:
I am sorry that some people received a vacation. I think that you all know that you can talk in my forum. I was told that the thread was going to be closed down and I did not think that closing the thread was fair to me and told the moderator to take care of the people he was unhappy with,

I am sorry that two people received a vacation. I had a good friend get a very long vacation and I don't like to see that happen to anyone.

Sorry guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bunny said in her post that YOU ASKED for the "vacations".?

bigslim

Established Member
maraudernkc said:

Sorry guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeh, Bunny said you asked for it Greg. What is the real deal here? I have always defended you or backed you up at the 300C forums. I saw that you were trying to get some business over there. Well guess what, you are on your own over there. In case you have not noticed, I post there quite often. I have become a well respected member over there. I even get PM's from the guys there asking about your business. I guess you didn't know all of that. Think that over.

bigslim

Established Member
Fourth Horseman said:
Hey, enjoy the break, bro. I've been taking a self-imposed vacation myself. That site hasn't been fun for me for a while. I don't know what started it, but the "spirit" around there is mean now. You ask an innocent question or express an opinion and you've got five guys dog piling on you for it. I don't know if it's the moderators, the members, certain factions of members or what.

With all the drama I just have to ask myself if it's worth it. I'll lurk for technical info, but it's just not worth being an active participant over there any more. At least not for me.
I knew I had not seen you around that much. Sorry to see how a lot of peoples feelings have changed. You can keep in touch with me if you would like.

bigslim

Established Member
MENACE said:
Way to go SLIM, good for you! :bowdown: :rockon: You only got 3 days? Damn, I got banned for life for using smilies that they supplied us with! :shrug: After the Darkside fiasco I put smiley(waving white flag/I surrender smiley) in the Reinhart's goodbye thread and before you could say button pusher, the post was deleted and my account closed.

Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind, this is America. I speak to people on the internet the same way I would speak to them face to face. I'm not afraid to say what I feel, and if that means getting banned or punched in the mouth thats fine.

The three stooges over there are turning the members into a bunch of wussies who can't speak for themselves but speak what they are told to speak. I don't know about you but I think for myself. Maybe thats another reason I was banned, because I wouldn't become one of their zombies. That and the fact that I brought out the truth about moderator/member favoritism.

Well, enjoy your time away and when you go back don't become one of their ZOMBIES............ :xpl:
People that really know me know that I can really speak my mind. Ask Dave about the other day in Coney Island. There is just a place and a time for it.

bigslim

Established Member
DEFYANT said:
I do not follow you Slim. I saw the question... what was the problem? I admit, your "tone" may have been "aggressive", but so what? It was nothing compared to some of the shit I have put up with!

This is an example of the censorship gone overboard.

Perhaps Logan can help???
Spoke to Logan on the phone today. He is doing fine and I didn't want to bother him with this :bs: . He already knows that there is a problem there. He doesn't need me to tell him about it. If you notice the moderation always gets a little heavy handed when Logan is away. I will except this and move on. I need the rest. I was getting a little tired of checking the site when I got up, at work and when I got home. Now I have time to watch dirty movies. :thumbsup:

MikesMerc

Established Member
Daryl,

Welcome to the "I've been banned from MM.net" club.

I felt the same way you do now....feeling a little bad about letting it happen, but also feeling that you were only expressing an honest point or question. Not to flame anyone, mind you, but just to get at the truth. And you were nailed for it.

On the plus side I know that keeping things in line is important. The marauder community is a bit older and wiser and doesn't tolerate the childish bickering as much as other places.

On the negative side, though, i can't help but feel that there is a lot of good information and opinion that is surpressed. I know that I go out of my way to stay out of threads that I would have liked to contribute to but was afraid of the moderation or backlash.

Now that the SVT marauder forum has come to life more, and we have the MCM forums as back up, it isn't so bad. I just tailor my responses to the forum i'm at.

Enjoy the time off and don't sweat it. Nothing big going on there right now anyway!

Fourth Horseman

Established Member
bigslim said:
I knew I had not seen you around that much. Sorry to see how a lot of peoples feelings have changed. You can keep in touch with me if you would like.

Most of the people on mm.net are good people and have my utmost respect, you included. Fortunately, there are plenty of other forums we all see each other on, so it's no sweat at all.

bigslim

Established Member
MikesMerc said:
Daryl,

Welcome to the "I've been banned from MM.net" club.

I felt the same way you do now....feeling a little bad about letting it happen, but also feeling that you were only expressing an honest point or question. Not to flame anyone, mind you, but just to get at the truth. And you were nailed for it.

On the plus side I know that keeping things in line is important. The marauder community is a bit older and wiser and doesn't tolerate the childish bickering as much as other places.

On the negative side, though, i can't help but feel that there is a lot of good information and opinion that is surpressed. I know that I go out of my way to stay out of threads that I would have liked to contribute to but was afraid of the moderation or backlash.

Now that the SVT marauder forum has come to life more, and we have the MCM forums as back up, it isn't so bad. I just tailor my responses to the forum i'm at.

Enjoy the time off and don't sweat it. Nothing big going on there right now anyway!
I will enjoy the time off. I still a few dirty movies to watch!! :-D

Logan

Established Member
bigslim said:
Spoke to Logan on the phone today. He is doing fine and I didn't want to bother him with this :bs: . He already knows that there is a problem there. He doesn't need me to tell him about it. If you notice the moderation always gets a little heavy handed when Logan is away. I will except this and move on. I need the rest. I was getting a little tired of checking the site when I got up, at work and when I got home. Now I have time to watch dirty movies. :thumbsup:

Excuse me? Uh, taking liberties with our conversation? I never said anything of the sort. Nor do I think anything gets heavy handed.

No worries though slim, you've all succeeding in pissing most of my moderators off to the point they can't be bothered to help me out.

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
Double standard?

Logan said:
Excuse me? Uh, taking liberties with our conversation? I never said anything of the sort. Nor do I think anything gets heavy handed.

No worries though slim, you've all succeeding in pissing most of my moderators off to the point they can't be bothered to help me out.

WOW! Some people can call you?

Remember a house divided will never stand on it's own!

MENACE

Banned
Logan said:

:lol: :pop: :pepper: :poke:

bigslim

Established Member
Logan said:

That's not what I meant. Remember the PM I got from you sometime back. You said that things had to get settled back down to normal after the "Darkside Incident". I said that I would help you anyway I could. I really didn't set out to piss anyone off. I just pointed out somethings that needed to get pointed out. I hope that you don't take this the wrong way. I was always taught that if more than one person says something is must be true or at least needs to be looked at. I do apprieciate the site you have provided. I hope that things do get back to what it once was.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Since I've taken a few vacations myself if anyone wants the number of a good travel agent PM me. ;-)

bigdogjim

Simlply Complicated
Established Member
How far?

tmac1337 said:
Since I've taken a few vacations myself if anyone wants the number of a good travel agent PM me. ;-)
Hey with all the days you have been away you could have traveled around the world? :D :lol:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
bigdogjim said:
Hey with all the days you have been away you could have traveled around the world? :D :lol:

Hey, with all the stupid posts you have done, you could have learned to come up with a snappy comeback?

Users who are viewing this thread