A Vacation away from MM.net

bigslim

Established Member
Well it happened. I got a three vacation from MM.net for asking a question. Dan felt that I needed time off for asking Mac which was his correct posted time. Mac stated that his time of 12.2 was his fastest time. I asked Mac if that was his fastest time or was the 11.6 he tried to post weeks back was his correct time. Instead of answering the question Mac proceeded to talk about a vendor that had nothing to do with the thread. I then asked what that post had to do with the thread and next thing I know I am banned for three days. I cannot put up with the favortism that is going on over there. I did not say anything offensive nor did I slam anyone. I just ask for the truth. I remember when that site was fun. Now I have to walk on eggshells.

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
I do not follow you Slim. I saw the question... what was the problem? I admit, your "tone" may have been "aggressive", but so what? It was nothing compared to some of the shit I have put up with!

This is an example of the censorship gone overboard.

Perhaps Logan can help???

Smokie

Established Member
bigslim said:
I did not say anything offensive nor did I slam anyone. I just ask for the truth.

I know exactly how you feel, I recently had a thread closed, first one in 3 1/2 years. I offended no one, it was closed.

SergntMac

Established Member
bigslim said:
Well it happened. I got a three vacation from MM.net for asking a question...
Good Lord...Get off the cross, Daryl, I need the wood. Suspension is what follows when folks act up, and both of us acted up. I got 3 days too, and it's fair. When one disturbs Logan's house, you pay for it, and we both know that.

I would like to apologize to Greg-MarauderinKC for disturbing his forum. I'm not excusing myself, but honestly, it was somewhat of a loaded question to begin with.
DEFYANT said:
I do not follow you Slim. I saw the question... what was the problem? I admit, your "tone" may have been "aggressive", but so what? It was nothing compared to some of the shit I have put up with!

I don't agree, fully agree anyway. The text was deleted and the thread cleaned up, but I directed no insults towards anyone in particular. I asked a few questions of my own, and came to feel that Daryl was needling me over nonsense.

The answer Daryl begs to read, has been posted many times at the MM.Net. Why he needs this answer posted again is lost on me, but the information is there and can be researched.

Briefly, I ran an 11.682 several weeks ago, but at a track that is known to be, ummm...Tired? Poorly maintained, old equipment and so on. There were problems with the time slip, the printer was to blame according to track officials. Once I posted the slip, the top 10 got shuffled around, and the slip was examined. A question was presented privately by a Moderator, and I put his question out to the MM.Net community with a poll asking what the community felt I should do. The response was just shy of something like 26 keep it, 22 to pull it. Overall, it was a good thread, lots of decent advice from good natured folks, but in the end, I decided to pull the slip. It just wasn't a clean run at things, and I didn't want continued Q&A to disrupt the decorum.

It's a closed matter for me, and no big deal. I'll be back with a bettter slip that passes everyone's inspection. For me, it is my personal best and I'm not throwing it away. But, it raised a debate at the MM.Net, and I won't mention it again. A time slip is not an ego thing for me, I don't need to have one of the top 10 MMs on record. BTW, Top Fuel driver Brendan Bernstein drove 11.86 and 11.78 back in 2002, but I don't have that slip, only a picture of it, so, I rarely mentioned that at all.

Meanwhile, I went to another track in full street trim. Street tires, street gas, street tune and all my junk in the trunk. Best time ever in this trim, 12.21/113.08 MPH, and that's .2 quicker than the last time I did the "street" thing back in April. At the MM/Net, you may consider this my best time, and it's a good time slip too. I'm not going to bother posting it anywhere, because some folks admire individual accomplishment, others pick at it. To each his own.

I'm content that I earned my suspension, no beef from me, or with the MM.Net. I don't wish to continue the time slip discussion here at SVT, it's a closed book. I suppose Daryl won't be happy until I post more on it, so, here it is. Have at it...

bigslim

Established Member
SergntMac said:
Good Lord...Get off the cross, Daryl, I need the wood. Suspension is what follows when folks act up, and both of us acted up. I got 3 days too, and it's fair. When one disturbs Logan's house, you pay for it, and we both know that.

I would like to apologize to Greg-MarauderinKC for disturbing his forum. I'm not excusing myself, but honestly, it was somewhat of a loaded question to begin with. I don't agree, fully agree anyway. The text was deleted and the thread cleaned up, but I directed no insults towards anyone in particular. I asked a few questions of my own, and came to feel that Daryl was needling me over nonsense.

The answer Daryl begs to read, has been posted many times at the MM.Net. Why he needs this answer posted again is lost on me, but the information is there and can be researched.

Briefly, I ran an 11.682 several weeks ago, but at a track that is known to be, ummm...Tired? Poorly maintained, old equipment and so on. There were problems with the time slip, the printer was to blame according to track officials. Once I posted the slip, the top 10 got shuffled around, and the slip was examined. A question was presented privately by a Moderator, and I put his question out to the MM.Net community with a poll asking what the community felt I should do. The response was just shy of something like 26 keep it, 22 to pull it. Overall, it was a good thread, lots of decent advice from good natured folks, but in the end, I decided to pull the slip. It just wasn't a clean run at things, and I didn't want continued Q&A to disrupt the decorum.

It's a closed matter for me, and no big deal. I'll be back with a bettter slip that passes everyone's inspection. For me, it is my personal best and I'm not throwing it away. But, it raised a debate at the MM.Net, and I won't mention it again. A time slip is not an ego thing for me, I don't need to have one of the top 10 MMs on record. BTW, Top Fuel driver Brendan Bernstein drove 11.86 and 11.78 back in 2002, but I don't have that slip, only a picture of it, so, I rarely mentioned that at all.

Meanwhile, I went to another track in full street trim. Street tires, street gas, street tune and all my junk in the trunk. Best time ever in this trim, 12.21/113.08 MPH, and that's .2 quicker than the last time I did the "street" thing back in April. At the MM/Net, you may consider this my best time, and it's a good time slip too. I'm not going to bother posting it anywhere, because some folks admire individual accomplishment, others pick at it. To each his own.

I'm content that I earned my suspension, no beef from me, or with the MM.Net. I don't wish to continue the time slip discussion here at SVT, it's a closed book. I suppose Daryl won't be happy until I post more on it, so, here it is. Have at it...
That is all I ever asked for. Thank you for posting the truth. All of this would not have occured if the question had been asnwered from the start. As many of you know I always try to answer any questions truthfully the best that I can. I apprieciate Mac finally coming forward and answering this question. As for me getting a break away from that site, no biggie. Stuff happens. I just hope that everything is kept even and "everyone" is treated the same. That is all I ask for. If any moderators are reading this I am ok with this. In a way I am kind of sorry this happened. After the "Darkside" incident I had really lost some feelings for the site. Then after the Milan race and the videos I posted I started to get excited about the site again. I hope when I go back to the site I will have the same feelings I had before my vacation. Everyone that knows me knows that I don't start anything nor do I stir the pot. I only ask for the truth and stated what I know to be true. If I am ever wrong I state that too. Once again, thanks to Mac for answering my question.

MENACE

Banned
Join the club!

bigslim said:
Well it happened. I got a three vacation from MM.net for asking a question. Dan felt that I needed time off for asking Mac which was his correct posted time. Mac stated that his time of 12.2 was his fastest time. I asked Mac if that was his fastest time or was the 11.6 he tried to post weeks back was his correct time. Instead of answering the question Mac proceeded to talk about a vendor that had nothing to do with the thread. I then asked what that post had to do with the thread and next thing I know I am banned for three days. I cannot put up with the favortism that is going on over there. I did not say anything offensive nor did I slam anyone. I just ask for the truth. I remember when that site was fun. Now I have to walk on eggshells.

Way to go SLIM, good for you! :bowdown: :rockon: You only got 3 days? Damn, I got banned for life for using smilies that they supplied us with! :shrug: After the Darkside fiasco I put smiley(waving white flag/I surrender smiley) in the Reinhart's goodbye thread and before you could say button pusher, the post was deleted and my account closed.

Don't ever be afraid to speak your mind, this is America. I speak to people on the internet the same way I would speak to them face to face. I'm not afraid to say what I feel, and if that means getting banned or punched in the mouth thats fine.

The three stooges over there are turning the members into a bunch of wussies who can't speak for themselves but speak what they are told to speak. I don't know about you but I think for myself. Maybe thats another reason I was banned, because I wouldn't become one of their zombies. That and the fact that I brought out the truth about moderator/member favoritism.

Well, enjoy your time away and when you go back don't become one of their ZOMBIES............ :xpl:

Fourth Horseman

Established Member
bigslim said:

Hey, enjoy the break, bro. I've been taking a self-imposed vacation myself. That site hasn't been fun for me for a while. I don't know what started it, but the "spirit" around there is mean now. You ask an innocent question or express an opinion and you've got five guys dog piling on you for it. I don't know if it's the moderators, the members, certain factions of members or what.

With all the drama I just have to ask myself if it's worth it. I'll lurk for technical info, but it's just not worth being an active participant over there any more. At least not for me.

MENACE

Banned
DEFYANT said:

Perhaps Logan can help???

:lol: Ya, maybe he can start another Darkside/set-up/fiasco and weed out the non conformist. :burn:

MENACE

Banned
Smokie said:
I know exactly how you feel, I recently had a thread closed, first one in 3 1/2 years. I offended no one, it was closed.

Most likely you wrote something one or more of the moderators did not agree with, or you put one of their "friends" in bad light. :uh oh: :( :nonono:

MI2QWK4U

Motor City Marauders
Established Member
Smokie said:

Well, it offended someone. I recieved a reported post thing and a few emails. Even people in the thread were wondering where you were going with it. Some thought you were stiring the pot, taking shots at Zack, etc. I am still trying to figure out your never ending campaigning for Zack and his Marauder? ITs a FAST, well built machine. You seem to be asking for us as a board to embrace his Marauder or something.
I will say this because I want to, not because I owe you any type of reason or explaination, I dont moderate unless I recieve a PM, email or Reported Post Alert.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
bigslim said:

BigSlim I wouldn't get to bent out of shape over it all. I also did not find your questions offensive or unreasonable. Yes, a little agressive as Defyant stated, but still not a problem as we have seen in the past on MM.net. But I do think the sting of the "Dark Side" event may still hurting. So things are going to be a little strick. In all honesty though, the place for the discussion shouldn't have been on that thread. But whatever, things need to get ironed out and the truth be known to all. These cars are our passions. So what if we tend to get serious about time slips and performance issues. It is what we live for.

TOM, Cape Coral, Florida

Smokie

Established Member
MI2QWK4U said:
Well, it offended someone. I recieved a reported post thing and a few emails. Even people in the thread were wondering where you were going with it. Some thought you were stiring the pot, taking shots at Zack, etc. I am still trying to figure out your never ending campaigning for Zack and his Marauder? ITs a FAST, well built machine. You seem to be asking for us as a board to embrace his Marauder or something.
I will say this because I want to, not because I owe you any type of reason or explaination, I dont moderate unless I recieve a PM, email or Reported Post Alert.

Well it's good to know you were just doing your job and it was nothing personal.

MarauderTJA

# 2 Procharger Marauder
Established Member
SergntMac said:

I would like to apologize to Greg-MarauderinKC for disturbing his forum. I'm not excusing myself, but honestly, it was somewhat of a loaded question to begin with. I don't agree, fully agree anyway. The text was deleted and the thread cleaned up, but I directed no insults towards anyone in particular. I asked a few questions of my own, and came to feel that Daryl was needling me over nonsense.

Mac, you too. Don't get bent out of shape with all this. :fm: Both times are great. Period. :shrug: Personally, I would hope that I can beat both of them, if at all possible. :rockon: Time will tell. Unfortunately, it seems everyone has to defend themselves. IN particular you guys that have been around from the beginning of MM.net. I think the problems run into many areas. Personal friends, clics, egos, brand loyalty and the list goes on. I like the open atmosphere and tell like it is attitude. Because that is the way I am. These sites are entertaining, informative and makes for great internet discussion. I am a realitive newby here. But I have learned, had fun, got angry, expressed myself and more here and at MM.net. Overall, you all have to admit. It is something to look forward to each day... :thumbsup:

TOM, Cape Coral, Florida :

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread