A Story Of Lead (1948)

96dreamer

Established Member
The old processing plant is still standing in St.Joe Missouri. A large portion of the surrounding property and chat piles are now an orv park that I went to a bunch as a kid when I was still riding quads around. Pretty cool to see all of that stuff in action when it was still operational.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The old processing plant is still standing in St.Joe Missouri. A large portion of the surrounding property and chat piles are now an orv park that I went to a bunch as a kid when I was still riding quads around. Pretty cool to see all of that stuff in action when it was still operational.

I'm surprised it's not an EPA super fund site.

96dreamer

Established Member
There are portions of the park that are "off limits" to the general public. A small guardrail wasn't a large enough deterrent for teenage me however. The actual chat piles are also off limits. I vaguely remember being told as a kid that the areas that were open had been stripped off anything harmful in years past. It was also closed for at least a few months within the last 10 years for additional cleanup I believe. It was a fun place as a kid though.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Ah, but what is the story of lead, without Clair Patterson?

Clair Cameron Patterson - Wikipedia

Who knows how many lives Clair saved.

We worked in the Herculaneum plant, and others across Missouri at one time. Now just the recycling plant at Boss Missouri is left (to my knowledge).

E

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Those old videos are great. There is few Army Air Corps training films on Amazon prime. You can learn how to fly a B-25 and P-47.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Those old videos are great. There is few Army Air Corps training films on Amazon prime. You can learn how to fly a B-25 and P-47.

You could probably make some decent coin just cleaning up, digitizing, and posting those old educational films that have passed into the public domain.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
You could probably make some decent coin just cleaning up, digitizing, and posting those old educational films that have passed into the public domain.
I bet. There is a good one from Ford there also. Evidently Henry I was a big fan of road trips and took a lot of footage form the teens,20's, & 30's.
I love watching that old stuff. Drives my wife nuts. She'll leave the room and go watch something stupid like Bones or Criminal Minds, or sit there and play games on her phone.
Sometimes I put one of those documentaries on just to be passive aggressive. A show of dominance if you will.

Users who are viewing this thread