A quick little run in my SRT-8 Charger.

z06_23_45

Established Member
I'd bet money you can get a sub-5 run out of it, my wifes new SRT-DESIGN 300 does 5.52 according to it's on-board 0-60 and I have only tried it a few times.

On a side note these cars definantly need decent fuel to perform to potential, 89 is recommended but I did go cheap on a road trip & put in some 87, I tried a couple of runs with 87 in the tank & the best 0-60 I could get was a 5.92.

I've only tried 2 times and got 5.2 to 60 on my second try. :rockon:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I've only tried 2 times and got 5.2 to 60 on my second try. :rockon:

thats crazy because the 03-04 cobra's are rated at about a 4.5 0-60. i put about 3-5 cars on my cousins when all i had was a c/b and midpipe on my 04 cobra. i would say they are closer to a 6.0 0-60. maybe you got yourself a factory freak.:shrug:

z06_23_45

Established Member
Almost everywhere you see tests, they are low 5 seconds to 60

Last edited:

z06_23_45

Established Member
egh I don't think it's too bad for being an absolute tank. can we get some exterior pics?

i love those cars

sounds nice...too bad none are stick

0-100mph took about 14 sec

sounds good:rolling:

runs pretty good for the type of car it is. I raced a BONE stock one from a 1st gear roll up to about 80mph and didnt beat it as bad as I thought I would. I beat it by about 1-1/2 cars. My gears is what helped me run away though. After 90mph or so im sure he would of came back. I like those cars though because they seem like they ride really nice and solid, plus they look really good. I wouldnt mind sacrificing a little quickness for a nice ride regarding smoothness, better then my rattle box im sure lol. I dont think the main purpose of these cars is to be a total street monster and street shredder either, so for what it is I wouldnt be dissapointed about the quickness at all. NIce car man, get us some pics!!

Edit: let me say though, mod for mod I would be toast lol

nice cars for sure. My buddy just rolled his daytona charger and it held up way better than I thought it would have.

You can tell in the video that the weight of the car just kills the top end.

I just purchased an srt 4 caliber for the wife that we are picking up in a few hours. Pics and vids of it to come.

6 seconds 0-60 time isnt that bad :banana:

to the op nice ride, i like those cars

Thanks for the kind words.:beer:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
thats crazy because the 03-04 cobra's are rated at about a 4.5 0-60. i put about 3-5 cars on my cousins when all i had was a c/b and midpipe on my 04 cobra. i would say they are closer to a 6.0 0-60. maybe you got yourself a factory freak.:shrug:

The 5.7L Chargers can do it in under 6. Most road tests for the SRT8 I've read show a sub-5 second 0-60 (well, 4.9, but still :)) and at the drag strip they are 13 second cars. Not bad at all for a big sedan IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread