A quick little run in my SRT-8 Charger.

z06_23_45

Established Member
It's not bad considering it's a 4200lb car and between me and my cousin there's another 500lbs added to that. :banana::pepper:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hak5OT8un-E"]YouTube - Quick Run in my SRT-8[/ame]

Last edited:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
they are about as fast as my mach 1. ive never raced one from a dig. but ive raced my cousin's from a 50mph roll all the way to about 135 and we were dead even out of 3 runs. his mods are exhaust with no cats and my mod was a slp c/b. i know they weigh alot but he also has over 100 more hp. ive never been impresses with those cars just my opinion. oh i forgot to mention my cousin has the 300c srt8.

z06_23_45

Established Member
egh I don't think it's too bad for being an absolute tank. can we get some exterior pics?

I'll try and get some good shots. I have a badass camera (Canon Rebel XT) with a not so good photographer (me):lol:.

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
runs pretty good for the type of car it is. I raced a BONE stock one from a 1st gear roll up to about 80mph and didnt beat it as bad as I thought I would. I beat it by about 1-1/2 cars. My gears is what helped me run away though. After 90mph or so im sure he would of came back. I like those cars though because they seem like they ride really nice and solid, plus they look really good. I wouldnt mind sacrificing a little quickness for a nice ride regarding smoothness, better then my rattle box im sure lol. I dont think the main purpose of these cars is to be a total street monster and street shredder either, so for what it is I wouldnt be dissapointed about the quickness at all. NIce car man, get us some pics!!

Edit: let me say though, mod for mod I would be toast lol

Last edited:

z06_23_45

Established Member
0-100mph took about 14 sec

sounds good:rolling:

Yeah 13.5 -14 seconds It's somewhere in there. I didn't get as good of a jump as I can. It has a built in 0-60 timer and in 2 runs my best clocked was 5.2 seconds. I think it can probably go quicker than that. :rockon:
That's pretty good for such a heavy car

Thanks.

evo connevo

Established Member
I don't think they weigh that much but I may be wrong. That sounds awfully heavy, like 800lbs more than the termi. Add another 500lbs for passengers and you have a 5000lb car with 425hp. If the weights are right then I guess it runs well for what it is in the video.

evo connevo

Established Member
Ok I've found numbers ranging from 4160-4200 which is a little shy of the 4500lb mark. Although not exactly light, it still makes a difference.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
nice cars for sure. My buddy just rolled his daytona charger and it held up way better than I thought it would have.

You can tell in the video that the weight of the car just kills the top end.

I just purchased an srt 4 caliber for the wife that we are picking up in a few hours. Pics and vids of it to come.

speedfreak440

Gear Jammer
Established Member
They actually do it quicker but I got a bad hit on this run. I think I might be able to squeeze a sub 5 second 0-60 out of it.

I'd bet money you can get a sub-5 run out of it, my wifes new SRT-DESIGN 300 does 5.52 according to it's on-board 0-60 and I have only tried it a few times.

On a side note these cars definantly need decent fuel to perform to potential, 89 is recommended but I did go cheap on a road trip & put in some 87, I tried a couple of runs with 87 in the tank & the best 0-60 I could get was a 5.92.

Users who are viewing this thread