A lot of “popping” at idle *video*

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I was never able to identify the knock that I always heard. What happened is one day driving home from work, I lost all oil pressure, I pulled the engine, found the timing chain tensioner had shredded, falling to the oil pan. This was one thing I found. I also had a loose valve seat that I forgot to mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
May have found the issue. This is injector 4. Completely cut. Not sure if it was partially cut at some point causing it to be intermittent but it’s definitely cut now. Looks kinda like it was snipped with wire cutters which is odd. Needless to say. If this fixes it I will throw up with joy.

Attachments

• 0C7703D5-0B5D-4158-AEDA-AD9871624954.jpeg
    0C7703D5-0B5D-4158-AEDA-AD9871624954.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 67
  • A4FB7ED7-B40B-4BAF-841B-E47D12BF0A7A.jpeg
    A4FB7ED7-B40B-4BAF-841B-E47D12BF0A7A.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 69

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Not saying it's from jealous Aholes. But 1 reason if my hood is up at a show I am right there. People have known to turn up boost controllers, cut wires, drop foreign material into turbo's if accessible. Nasty stuff for sure.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
May have found the issue. This is injector 4. Completely cut. Not sure if it was partially cut at some point causing it to be intermittent but it’s definitely cut now. Looks kinda like it was snipped with wire cutters which is odd. Needless to say. If this fixes it I will throw up with joy.

Awesome! Did you just stumble upon it, or were you checking for voltage on each injector and found it?

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Awesome! Did you just stumble upon it, or were you checking for voltage on each injector and found it?

Never had a check engine light. But every time I cleared codes an “ignition primary” code would come up and I check the wires before and didn’t find anything. Just decided to check again and discovered i t

Users who are viewing this thread