a little turbo scratchy vid

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
this was on a piss poor PHP 18psi tune. Now I got Jon Lund tuning it, feels significantly stronger all through the powerband. I figured out how to make it boost over 18psi too.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297231&highlight=18psi

screw-snail.jpg

TRBO VNM

so you like the tunes huh? I hear he wants some logs to refine it, but you said no because it is running so good.
:lol:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
so you like the tunes huh? I hear he wants some logs to refine it, but you said no because it is running so good.

I know, gotta get back to him. been slackin lately:loser:

TRBO VNM

sambandit said:
Cool vid, sounds good! Better figure out a way to get that thing to launch or you'll be pissed at the track!

+1, I think I have mine figured out, too bad I keep breaking the rear. although I think it is mainly due to coilover spring rates and the tires I am using. I will have a different setup this weekend hopefully.

TRBO VNM

LargeOrangeFont said:
Looks and sounds good! Little lean up top on the dyno.

tune has been totally changed from what it was on the dyno. And I bet a lot more hp/tq now too. that was a PHP tune, he has a Lund tune now.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
tune has been totally changed from what it was on the dyno. And I bet a lot more hp/tq now too. that was a PHP tune, he has a Lund tune now.

Understood. I thought he meant he had a crappy 18 PSI whipple tune, and overlayed the turbo tune.

The spool looked a little soft (on the sheet) anyway :) Glad he got more out of it

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
Understood. I thought he meant he had a crappy 18 PSI whipple tune, and overlayed the turbo tune.

The spool looked a little soft (on the sheet) anyway :) Glad he got more out of it

I thought it was pretty good last year with the whipple, now with Lunds tune and the difference it makes, I believe he could have done better.
PHP had me 12.0 a/f on a whippled, cammed, built motor making 620sae.... (charged 5 hrs tuning)

ugh...

feeling better now:)

TRBO VNM

postban said:
I thought it was pretty good last year with the whipple, now with Lunds tune and the difference it makes, I believe he could have done better.
PHP had me 12.0 a/f on a whippled, cammed, built motor making 620sae.... (charged 5 hrs tuning)

ugh...

feeling better now:)

5hrs? do you know or even want to know how long it took to tune my car?

20min. yours wouldn't have been much longer. he knows what to do for cams and return fuel systems......man, sorry to hear. I guess I should expect that from someone who tells me going from 10 degrees to 18 won't give you 100hp on these cars.

Users who are viewing this thread