A kill but not sure if it adds up.

Mr370z

GO BABY GO
Established Member
Could have been a C63 AMG and the driver was just playing with you. Possibly a C350 that was modified...

and my evo will give a new 5.0 a good run....nothing spectacular mind you. (i just have boltons and a tune)

Thought your godlike 4g63 made 800 to the wheels on pump gas and you only put $5k into it?

Just messin' ;-)

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
Thought your godlike 4g63 made 800 to the wheels on pump gas and you only put $5k into it?

Just messin' ;-)

.....you're thinking of our buddy bryan and his evo has been down for a few months now. last time we heard anything from him he was looking into selling his evo and buying a sc'd Mercedes ...

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
a c63 would destroy you. so it wasnt one. they trap 9 mph higher than you in the 1/8th. by the 1/4 or a roll ....well.

I don't really think he wud get destroyed. if you do the math a C63 only traps 7-8 mph more than a GT with his similar mods.
if the OP had gotten a good launch and the Mercedes was sleeping at the light, the outcome would be as described. eventually though, as the OP pointed out, the Mercedes seemed to have stopped his pull and began to gain on him and pull the mustang back in.
a 7-8 mph difference between two vehicles is just a slow and steady walk away from the other.
being destroyed is a whippledcharged cobra picking on a bone stock GT (non 5.0)

5.0Lightning

Established Member
I don't really think he wud get destroyed. if you do the math a C63 only traps 7-8 mph more than a GT with his similar mods.
if the OP had gotten a good launch and the Mercedes was sleeping at the light, the outcome would be as described. eventually though, as the OP pointed out, the Mercedes seemed to have stopped his pull and began to gain on him and pull the mustang back in.
a 7-8 mph difference between two vehicles is just a slow and steady walk away from the other.
being destroyed is a whippledcharged cobra picking on a bone stock GT (non 5.0)

That description is very valid and is kind of what I was trying to explain in the original post. Like I said I got a great launch and he had to swap a couple lanes. I think some people are confusing all C63's with the AMG performance version that has a 508 hp 6.2. There are 3 different versions of the C63 (451hp, 481hp & 508hp). He was definitely gaining on me in 3rd and the 268hp v6 will not with my mods. Nonetheless if he got too close I'd a hit the remote opener, flip the switch and been out on his ass.

Last edited:

5.0Lightning

Established Member
i know full well what you car will run with the minimal mods. the woman in our local club who races her c63 with no traction kills bolt on 2005-2009 gt's. and traps up to 9 mph higher in the 1/8th.

i think you are using numbers from a bad driver on a bad day. she just feathers it and then punches it.

Those numbers are straight from insideline. His car does not trap 9 mph higher than mine with my mods, stock S197 yeah but not with the mods I have. My car trapped 104 with only the LM1's. With traction I can hit 12.20's on a 75 shot. That would make my car within a few tenths off the bottle.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
That description is very valid and is kind of what I was trying to explain in the original post. Like I said I got a great launch and he had to swap a couple lanes. I think some people are confusing all C63's with the AMG performance version that has a 508 hp 6.2. There are 3 different versions of the C63 (451hp, 481hp & 508hp). He was definitely gaining on me in 3rd and the 268hp v6 will not with my mods. Nonetheless if he got too close I'd a hit the remote opener, flip the switch and been out on his ass.

There's only 1 version of the C63 AMG, and it's the 451 hp engine. I work at a Mercedes dealer so I've had a lot of seat time in all version's of the C-Class. A C-350 is pretty slow, so if he started to pull you in any gear, it probably wasn't one of them. The C63's are stout as well, but traction is definitely an issue at slower speeds. If you hung with a C63, he either didn't have traction or he wasn't trying. They're all automatics so it's not like he could've just been bad at shifting either. I know you're lightly modded, but a C63 should put a steady pull on you. It wouldn't be a raping, but it also wouldn't be that close. Also, putting full AMG ground effects on a C-350 would be ridiculously expensive, and wouldn't make much sense, but that doesn't mean someone isn't dumb enough to do it. The hood also looks different between those 2 cars. The C63's have a bulge on each side of the hood that makes it look a little meaner.

Last edited:

5.0Lightning

Established Member
There's only 1 version of the C63 AMG, and it's the 451 hp engine. I work at a Mercedes dealer so I've had a lot of seat time in all version's of the C-Class. A C-350 is pretty slow, so if he started to pull you in any gear, it probably wasn't one of them. The C63's are stout as well, but traction is definitely an issue at slower speeds. If you hung with a C63, he either didn't have traction or he wasn't trying. They're all automatics so it's not like he could've just been bad at shifting either. I know you're lightly modded, but a C63 should put a steady pull on you. It wouldn't be a raping, but it also wouldn't be that close. Also, putting full AMG ground effects on a C-350 would be ridiculously expensive, and wouldn't make much sense, but that doesn't mean someone isn't dumb enough to do it. The hood also looks different between those 2 cars. The C63's have a bulge on each side of the hood that makes it look a little meaner.

Google C63 performance and you will find 3 different versions of the C63. The standard 451hp version and 2 special performance package ones. The AMG performance package puts out 481hp (sportscarmonitor.com, many other sites). The other one is the AMG C63 performance package plus with 508hp (mbworld.org, many other sites). Look, on the street anything can happen, I mean stock that car is between a 1/2 -3/4 second faster than my car off the juice with my bolt ons. The C63 is not C6 z06 fast. A 1/2 second is not hard to make up for with a better driver automatic or not. He was definitely on it and racing (heard em squealing), probably lost the car lengths when swapping lanes.

By the way for what it's worth I have a little weight reduction as well, mentioned earlier.

Last edited:

BivDBO

Car audio guru
Established Member
I think it is totally plausible that you raced a C63 AMG (I have no idea what version). You said that you got a great launch and he slept at the light. I don't see why so many people are saying otherwise. There is no way that it was a v6. A friend of mine had a C63, and they are really fast for a 4 door ride. I would rock one if my wallet would allow me to.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Google C63 performance and you will find 3 different versions of the C63. The standard 451hp version and 2 special performance package ones. The AMG performance package puts out 481hp (sportscarmonitor.com, many other sites). The other one is the AMG C63 performance package plus with 508hp (mbworld.org, many other sites). Look, on the street anything can happen, I mean stock that car is between a 1/2 -3/4 second faster than my car off the juice with my bolt ons. The C63 is not C6 z06 fast. A 1/2 second is not hard to make up for with a better driver automatic or not. He was definitely on it and racing (heard em squealing), probably lost the car lengths when swapping lanes.

By the way for what it's worth I have a little weight reduction as well, mentioned earlier.

You're right, I wasn't aware of any other versions of the C63, so I can only guess that they're so rare you'll probably never see one. If it was a C63, there's a 99% chance it was the one with 451hp, although there's a tiny chance you stumbled across one of the performance package ones.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
I think it is totally plausible that you raced a C63 AMG (I have no idea what version). You said that you got a great launch and he slept at the light. I don't see why so many people are saying otherwise. There is no way that it was a v6. A friend of mine had a C63, and they are really fast for a 4 door ride. I would rock one if my wallet would allow me to.

I agree. a C63 is a decently quick car...but not the monster its being portrayed as.

Users who are viewing this thread