A kill but not sure if it adds up.

5.0Lightning

Established Member
I was driving around town when I came to a stop at a long red light. There are 3 lanes that go straight (left two lanes keep going and the right lane ends right after the light) and I'm in the middle lane. A generic Honda pulls up to my left and from behind I see a Mercedes C series flying off the highway exit ramp to get up to the light. He must have thought the light was going to turn green soon so he pulled up to my right (the lane that ends) by the way I hate it when people jump into another lane to try and fly around you so they can be first. I see him look over and edge up past the white line like he's going to jump in front of me so I give a quick rev and as soon as I let off the rev I got back on the gas and floored it as the light turned green and I was out by about a car and he got behind me then switched to the lane next to me, by that time I was ahead by about 3 - 3 1/2 cars. When I shifted into 3rd gear I could see him gain maybe a 1/2 car and then we just kept it steady until I let off (had to turn right). When he went by he floored it and it sounded real nice. It had the C63 sharp lines and full ground effects and the Mercedes sign was in the middle of the front grill. I looked everywhere on the net for pics and it looks exactly like the C63 in black. I drive an S197 3V with SLP LM1's, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Steeda underdrive pullies, Steeda LCA's, and FRPP X-Pipe. I also have a 75 shot of nitrous but I did not spray. Maybe someone can chime in as I know these cars have like 450hp and mine does not. Is it popular to put the ground effects on the C350? It had 5 spoke wheels (similar to new edge Saleens) which means it is not the newest one but it was a younger guy maybe 25 and it looked like you could eat off of it. The one thing that I have a hard time seeing with the C350 is it only has 268hp and is not known to be that fast. I'm not a Mercedes expert by any means so don't come in here callin :bs: this was a short race to about 100 and what seems odd with the C350 idea is he started gaining on me in 3rd gear. Please chime in as I'm curious as to what I ran.

5.0Lightning

Established Member
I can just erase the whole thing if people can't have a normal discussion. I didn't say I saw anything that said AMG or C63. I'm just curious as to what Mercedes it was. I searched the entire Mercedes website and the only car that looks like it is the C63 except the wheels, so it could have been an older model or a C350 with a body kit.

Believe me, I know my 3V is at the lower end of the totem pole. I didn't come in here saying my 3v raped a C63. I'm looking for a discussion about the Mercedes and what they run hence why i opened the thread with "A kill but not sure if it adds up." I see Mercedes everywhere around here and I know they can be quick but it's always fun showing up someone who thinks theirs doesn't stink the same.

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
it very well could have been a c350 AMG or a c63. Just because u didnt see the badging doesnt mean it wasnt there. The c63's can be pretty mean . There is a guy on this forum with a nice one that sounds mean.

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
I doubt it was a c63... Friend has one and that thing is balls out fast. He probably just had a regular c class with the AMG sport styling package they offer

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Im not up to date with these foreign cars but let me just say your lucky it wasnt me next to ya. ;-)

Good kill. Where was this?

5.0Lightning

Established Member
Im not up to date with these foreign cars but let me just say your lucky it wasnt me next to ya. ;-)

Good kill. Where was this?

I've got that shot of juice just in case :rockon:

The C63 should be a beast for a stock car. I'm thinking he had some mods, or atleast an exhaust cause that thing sounded mean we he flew by. It was fun either way. I'm trying to find a way to empty the bottle since I'm going with a Vortech V3 soon. I may try and up the shot to 125 for a couple of bottles before I make the switch. Just waiting for the bugs to be worked out on the new 5Liters before I trade mine in for some real horsepower.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
Last edited:

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
Yeah, I figured the same... Oh well man, a kill is a kill. I blew the doors off of some kid in a powerwheels the other day. LOL, just kidding bro.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
Yeah, I figured the same... Oh well man, a kill is a kill. I blew the doors off of some kid in a powerwheels the other day. LOL, just kidding bro.

actually.....hold that thought....i can actually see this happening....for some reason i had a brain fart and thought the S197 was the older GT's from the mid 90's.
OP i take back what i said. its actually very very likely you just raced a C63. :beer:

the C63's only trap 111-112 in the 1/4.

Last edited:

5.0Lightning

Established Member
this.

dont mean to burst your bubble but looks like you were neck and neck with just a plain ol' C350. good kill? :rollseyes

So says the guy in the evo :shrug: haha I never said it was anything other than a 350. For all I know it was a C63 and the guy left late and then got on it and said F it and let out. Not everyone on the street with a fast car wants to take a chance on a ticket to play catch up. The guy looked like he wanted to run so I did, nuff said. A C350 will run a 3V?From Edmunds I quote "The C350 arrives at 60 mph in 6.2 seconds, then makes the run through the quarter-mile in 14.5 seconds at 96.5 mph." Are you serious ? Well maybe not, you think an evo is a 5liter beater haha not in my circle. :poke:

By the way I know I'm new around here so understand I'm just messin with you about the evo.

Last edited:

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
So says the guy in the evo :shrug: haha I never said it was anything other than a 350. For all I know it was a C63 and the guy left late and then got on it and said F it and let out. Not everyone on the street with a fast car wants to take a chance on a ticket to play catch up. The guy looked like he wanted to run so I did, nuff said. A C350 will run a 3V?From Edmunds I quote "The C350 arrives at 60 mph in 6.2 seconds, then makes the run through the quarter-mile in 14.5 seconds at 96.5 mph." Are you serious ? Well maybe not, you think an evo is a 5liter beater haha not in my circle. :poke:

By the way I know I'm new around here so understand I'm just messin with you about the evo.

if you check my post above the one you just made you'll see that I took back what I said. I understand you're new around here, you just have to click the arrow up button to see the post I made. : )
and my evo will give a new 5.0 a good run....nothing spectacular mind you. (i just have boltons and a tune)
...if you must know my screen name is over 10yrs old and goes back to when I used to race camaros in the late 90's early 00 and the 5.0 was my "enemy".

Last edited:

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
a c63 would destroy you. so it wasnt one. they trap 9 mph higher than you in the 1/8th. by the 1/4 or a roll ....well.

Last edited:

5.0Lightning

Established Member
a c63 would destroy you. so it wasnt one. they trap 9 mph higher than you in the 1/8th. by the 1/4 or a roll ....well.

Define the term destroy :shrug: A C63 runs high 12's with a good driver at 112 on a good day. I'm not stock, I've listed my mods minus a little weight reduction.

5.0Lightning

Established Member
if you check my post above the one you just made you'll see that I took back what I said. I understand you're new around here, you just have to click the arrow up button to see the post I made. : )
and my evo will give a new 5.0 a good run....nothing spectacular mind you. (i just have boltons and a tune)
...if you must know my screen name is over 10yrs old and goes back to when I used to race camaros in the late 90's early 00 and the 5.0 was my "enemy".

I probably had the reply open for a while before you completed your other post. I'm at work right now and didn't complete my post for a while as I had a network event going on.

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Do you have a exhaust clip on yours? I am curious on the setup your running/

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_tVl1oL5k8"]YouTube - 2001 cobra[/nomedia]

There are a few exhaust vids in here.

Well apparently i cant embed my own youtube video so just click the link.

Last edited:

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
Define the term destroy :shrug: A C63 runs high 12's with a good driver at 112 on a good day. I'm not stock, I've listed my mods minus a little weight reduction.

i know full well what you car will run with the minimal mods. the woman in our local club who races her c63 with no traction kills bolt on 2005-2009 gt's. and traps up to 9 mph higher in the 1/8th.

I drive an S197 3V with SLP LM1's, Steeda CAI, 4.10 gears, Steeda underdrive pullies, Steeda LCA's, and FRPP X-Pipe

i think you are using numbers from a bad driver on a bad day. she just feathers it and then punches it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread