A HUGE Shout out to Full Tilt Boogie Racing

Taz

Established Member
Perhaps you missed this in his original post:

:read::idea:

In case you were unaware of the definition:

Noise, Vibration and Harshness

Knock it off, Bruce. You and I have had this conversation before. It's over.

I and the others who spoke up would like you to quit dumping on poly bushings every chance you get. What do say? How about you quit hating on the products that WE happen to like?

:beer:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
To the ppl who are happy for me, Thanks !!!! I am really liking the car with the IRS upgraded.
It does suck that the thread went the way it did. If you are a fan of polyurethane great but it's no reason to hate on Bruce and his kit. Regaurdless of what your preference for bushing material is one thing can't be debated.....Bruce makes a great kit, which is what this thread was originally meant to be about

There is definitely not hate being directed towards the FTBR kits, and everyone is glad yours turned out well for you:thumbsup:

Anyone who has dealt with Bruce knows he has a good product, does an honest business, and has fantastic customer service. In any case, all this "Poly Derangement Syndrome" stuff needs to come to an end. We are talking simply a matter of differing opinions...

JamesHell

to poor to be fast
Established Member
I have to put my two cents in here.
A winter a couple years ago I was checking over my front suspension I noticed the poly bushing where tore and just about gone. I went to a different setup with delryn bushings and it was a world better (could easily been the better geometry?).
So I then decided to change out my poly bushings in the rear (MM/prothane).
When I pulled the arms off it was apparent that the poly bushings allowed the lower arms to completely relocate changing the geometry. The key here is that they felt good and was nearly impossible to notice while installed.
The real problem with the poly is in the fact that there just is not enough support for fore and aft deflection. In other words there is no way to control thrust in a effective way. I to would not have bought this had I not seen it for myself.
The FTBR kit emphasizes the proper installation and shimming for a consistent easily repeatable geometry.
I will admit the upper bushings did not have near the noticeable problems. But when you install the delryn and it articulates with little force it doesn't take a engineer to figure out the advantage.

Considering I had the toe bars and solid diff mounts I still noticed the change. In fact almost more so on the street where the road surface is crap. On the track I like to play with the bumpsteer and after installing this kit I can easily tell the change where before it would take large changes to even notice.

I guess all I'm saying is just because you don't notice a problem and you think your good. You may be held back by something you can't see.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
^^^^ I have seen plenty of poly problems. I have seen a FEW poly uses that seemed to work well and not deform/deflect incorrectly but not nearly as many. The poly on my front sway bar is a former example. The stuff just doesn't seem to be much of an upgrade over rubber.

satin03cobra

Established Member
Congrats on your upgrade...really want to get this done.

So if I never plan on taking my car to the track but want to get rid of my wheel hop is there any reason to go with the FTBR kit over the poly kit? Also what is the average install time for one of these kits.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Congrats on your upgrade...really want to get this done.

So if I never plan on taking my car to the track but want to get rid of my wheel hop is there any reason to go with the FTBR kit over the poly kit? Also what is the average install time for one of these kits.

If you're thinking about doing poly I would research thoroughly! That's all I'm going to say!

Install time is answered in the FAQ on our site:

FTBR Frequently Asked Questions

Q: "How long will the job take?"

A: This job is a considerable undertaking. It requires some car wrenching skills and an assistant. An assistant will make the job go much easier. Two heads are always better than one. If you start on a Friday after work, you should have the IRS out of the car in a couple of hours. You can finish the night taking apart the IRS for the bushing install. Saturday you will spend installing the bushings, reassembling the IRS and hopefully getting the IRS assembly back in the car. Speed depends a LOT on the people doing the job and the amount of tools/equipment at your disposal. You always have Sunday to finish up in case you run into some snags. If you can locate someone that's done the job once or twice before you might be able to knock the job out in 6-8 hours with two people. If you have a couple of knowledgeable people that are good wrenches, a lift, air tools, a trans jack and a well equipped shop you could knock this job out in four or five hours.

In other news:

We've had a lot of requests over the years for an installation video of our bushing kit. We have good news. The video has been shot and most of it has been captured and edited. We have more video coming but we did not want to delay because there is a lot of good information contained in what we have done already.

So without further delay here are the initial three videos we have completed so far.

Prep and IRS removal from chassis:

http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/Videos/FTBR_IRS_REMOVAL.wmv

Subframe disassembly and prep Part I:

http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/Videos/FTBR_Subframe_prep_part_one.wmv

Subframe disassembly and prep Part II:

http://www.fulltiltboogieracing.com/Videos/FTBR_Subframe_prep_part_two.wmv

More videos on this project coming in the very near future.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread