A friggin fluorescent light fell on my Cobra....I need repair advice!

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I recently bought a house and the previous owner had fluorescent lights on chains on the ceiling. On of the chains broke and on side fell and since i backed my car in, it landed right on that 2 inches of painted metal between the windshield and convertible top! There is now a nice ding about the size of a finger tip....thank god for the cover, otherwise the paint may have gotten scratched.

My question is can a PDR guy get back there pretty easy? My guy said he's 99% sure he can fix it....but I'm wondering if it can be pushed out or do they have to do the "glue pull" method?

futureSVT

Established Member
might want to try the show and shine section. or a detailing site. i have used autogeek.net and got some good info.

Nicky Pass

Established Member
I had my PDR guy work on it and its 90% gone....I guess thats the way its gonna stay because I don't want it painted!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had something similar happen to my '02 Infiniti QX4. Only it was the garage door! I went to a very good local shop (I know the owner) and he told me he could pull enough of the dent in the rear (top) where I wouldn't notice it. I would be a lot cheaper than making it 100% good. I was skeptical but I know his work and knew if said I wouldn't notice it that I wouldn't. Well, the work was done and he was right! I would absolutely never know there was a dent there. These body shops can do wonders.

Nicky Pass

Established Member
I'm noticing more tiny imperfections as I "microscope"....so after 6 years of babying it and letting it sit....I'm just gonna drive the damn thing and enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread