A friend that shares sensitive info...

SteedaX47

Established Member
Tell the husband man... I was the husband in this scenario 3 years ago and gave the person in your role a chance to explain himself as to why he didnt approach me. He told me that he didnt want to be the one responsible for breaking my relationship up with my best friend of 10 years and my gf of 5 years. That... I could kind of understand as it was a huge burden for him to carry... but I asked him what he said to my "best friend" about it. I asked him if he tried convince him to stop or confess... he said no. **** that guy.

Tell the husband. He will be crazy angry at first and may take it out on you initially but overall he will appreciate what you did... at least your conscious will be clear. MINE would be. If he wishes to have never heard the info and says that you should have stayed quiet then... he's spineless in my opinion for not being able to face it.

RRMBrembo

Established Member
If this was my situation, I'd use this as a good indication to start looking at the company I keep.

Machdup1

Established Member
I would snitch him out without hesitation.

One guy is an asshole for cheating with a friend's wife and a complete moron for confiding in OP. He would have to be defriended.

The wife is a useless pile of shit for breaking the faith and deserves what is coming to her. Don't need a person who would cheat on their husband around.

The husband that was cheated on has a right to know that he put is faith in the wrong people. It is your job as a real friend to drop the bad news.

I don't need friends with questionable character because they create drama and then want people to pander to them for being idiots.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
All these people telling you to snitch lol. DONT BE A BITCH ASS SNITCH. Just distance yourself from that whole situation bro. It will eventually come out. You'll be labeled as a snitch by your friends no matter what. Don't be that guy. Yeah it's a very messed up situation. But obviously the dude trusts you and just wanted to get it off his mind and tell someone. Even though he should be telling his chick. I believe in karma and he will get his, same with the girl.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
All these people telling you to snitch lol. DONT BE A BITCH ASS SNITCH. Just distance yourself from that whole situation bro. It will eventually come out. You'll be labeled as a snitch by your friends no matter what. Don't be that guy. Yeah it's a very messed up situation. But obviously the dude trusts you and just wanted to get it off his mind and tell someone. Even though he should be telling his chick. I believe in karma and he will get his, same with the girl.

This isn't high school or some gang activity. Coming forward with this sort of information could be viewed as a good thing depending on which party you talk to. The ones cheating won't like it, but the ones being cheated on will.

Put yourself in that poor saps shoes. Would you want your friends to tell you your wife cheated on you? I would.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Not about high school or anything of the sort its about trust. His friend trusted him with this info. Only thing a man has in life is his word. Of course I'd want to know if my wife cheated. But that's between them. Not him and them. It's very unfortunate to be in his situation. But obviously he was your friend before her and even though he did a shitty thing, and another friend is involved, you gotta keep your word. If I give someone my word that I won't say anything, then I'm not saying anything.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Not about high school or anything of the sort its about trust. His friend trusted him with this info. Only thing a man has in life is his word. Of course I'd want to know if my wife cheated. But that's between them. Not him and them. It's very unfortunate to be in his situation. But obviously he was your friend before her and even though he did a shitty thing, and another friend is involved, you gotta keep your word. If I give someone my word that I won't say anything, then I'm not saying anything.

Doesn't sound like the OP gave his word on this. The information was dropped into his lap and then told not to tell anyone after the fact. No one can hold you to that.

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
brutal situation... you have to tell the husband and the husband only. Do not discuss it with your friends or anyone else that you know. If you are truly good friends with the husband, especially if you are better friends with him then this guy you have to tell him and let him make the decision on what to do. Essentially you are only adding 1 more person to the mix, if the husband decides he wants to keep the marriage going he will talk with his wife privately or pretend it never happened, but you have to give him that choice.

If my wife cheated on me.... and especially with one of my friends... and another one of my friends knew about it and did not tell me I would feel even more betrayed and would never speak with the entire group and get divorced, it would just feel like I am on the outside and everyone knows but me and that is equally bad to the cheating. You have to tell him, this is making me angry just thinking about it.

This actually happened to me in HS but I was the guy who cheated with my friends gf and she eventually told him and while him and i did not talk for several years in my heart I am happy he found out since it was awful to bear.

Your friend broke the bro code with the husband and his wife, and then put the burden on you to make himself feel better. Both things he did were in his own interest and so you owe him nothing and neither does anyone else.

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
After talking to my friend about the spot he put me in with his doings I have decided to just distance myself from them as a group of friends as a whole. He said looking back he should have never put me in a position like that, and he said he thought others might know about it so he was kinda feeling me out to see if I knew/had heard any rumblings amongst our group of friends about the situation.

Now I know a lot of you are thinking man your just a b***h for not telling the other friend about his wife, and on one hand your right, but after talking to my friend that shared this whole fiasco with me he told me that he has proof of other said friend cheating on his wife during a "guys weekend" that I was not involved in. I will still remain friends in the sense that if they call me and need something I'm cool, but as far as getting together socially I'm out. I feel it's best for them to work things out because I have a feeling that it won't be private info for much longer. Thanks again for all the advice, and I honestly feel a lot better knowing I'm not part of this group of friends anymore.

ZWilson07

Established Member
After talking to my friend about the spot he put me in with his doings I have decided to just distance myself from them as a group of friends as a whole. He said looking back he should have never put me in a position like that, and he said he thought others might know about it so he was kinda feeling me out to see if I knew/had heard any rumblings amongst our group of friends about the situation.

Now I know a lot of you are thinking man your just a b***h for not telling the other friend about his wife, and on one hand your right, but after talking to my friend that shared this whole fiasco with me he told me that he has proof of other said friend cheating on his wife during a "guys weekend" that I was not involved in. I will still remain friends in the sense that if they call me and need something I'm cool, but as far as getting together socially I'm out. I feel it's best for them to work things out because I have a feeling that it won't be private info for much longer. Thanks again for all the advice, and I honestly feel a lot better knowing I'm not part of this group of friends anymore.

You bitched out man and took the easy way out smh :confused:.

If my wife cheated on me, I'd want to shoot her...

If my wife cheated on me with one of my "friends," then one of my other "friends" knew about it and didn't tell me, especially if it was for any decent amount of time..........I'd shoot all 3 em.

_Snake_

Established Member
You bitched out man and took the easy way out smh :confused:.

If my wife cheated on me, I'd want to shoot her...

If my wife cheated on me with one of my "friends," then one of my other "friends" knew about it and didn't tell me, especially if it was for any decent amount of time..........I'd shoot all 3 em.

Even if you were also cheating?

The OP's situation just became even more complicated, especially if the story about the husband cheating is true.

OP - for what it's worth, I think you're making the right call. You're in a tough spot.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Holy shit. It's time to find new friends.

You're in here covering for a friend....while other SVTP members are prosecuting their own family for stealing.

Grow some balls and do what's right.

Coiled03

Established Member
Should've told him. If anybody from your group of friends doesn't understand, or gives you shit about it, they aren't real friends to begin with, much less the kind of people you want to be around.

Zemedici

Established Member

Sounds like the husband and wife are perfect for each other then. Should just become swingers so they can both **** whomever they want. No respect for cheaters. And I would have told my friend. That's bro code. **** being a 'snitch' this isn't Compton

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Sounds like the husband and wife are perfect for each other then. Should just become swingers so they can both **** whomever they want. No respect for cheaters. And I would have told my friend. That's bro code. **** being a 'snitch' this isn't Compton
I like how the dirtbag who messed around with the friends wife, suddenly knows the husband was messing around too. Sounds like bullshit to justify his actions. OP needs to nut up and tell the husband.

Zemedici

Established Member
I like how the dirtbag who messed around with the friends wife, suddenly knows the husband was messing around too. Sounds like bullshit to justify his actions. OP needs to nut up and tell the husband.

For real. Sounds like some made up justification. **** that.

No respect for people who are unfaithful anyway. This isnt high school. Grow up.

Users who are viewing this thread