A few turbo questions.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Being cheap now is gonna be much more costly down the road. Take the advice these guys are giving you.

Fatal_Snake

Established Member
Sorry about the cell pic but how does this look guys?

IMAG0112.jpg

RussZTT

Established Member
When it comes to oil drains from the turbo to the oil pan, make sure that NO part of the hose is horizontal with the ground. It all has to have a downward angle to the pan. Also, make sure you have an oil restrictor in the feed as well.

Last edited:

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
When it comes to oil drains from the turbo to the oil pan, make sure that NO part of the hose is horizontal with the ground. It all has to have a downward angle to the pan. Also, make sure you have an oil restrictor in the feed as well.

I don't think a restrictor is always necessary. I ran my masterpower for two years without one and never had any smoke or oil in the housing :shrug:

Last edited:

Fatal_Snake

Established Member

alright then im gonna have to probably get that line shortened then, thanks for the heads up guys. anybody see any other issues?

RussZTT

Established Member
I don't think a restrictor is always necessary. I ran my masterpower for two years without one and never had any smoke or oil in the housing :shrug:
In most cases is a good idea. I'm not sure of the size of his feed line either. High oil pressure can make it leak. Mine had a FAINT oil leak so I put the restrictors in and walla. Is it a must in all cases, no. But its a good and smart idea.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
In most cases is a good idea. I'm not sure of the size of his feed line either. High oil pressure can make it leak. Mine had a FAINT oil leak so I put the restrictors in and walla. Is it a must in all cases, no. But its a good and smart idea.

Good info, what size line, fittings and restrictor did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread