A few turbo questions.

dark-knight

Established Member
Hey guys. im posting from my room mates account and i had afew questions about my turbo build. its almost done just need afew things to finish up. its a single t76 turbo custom kit.

- since the car originally had two O2 sensors, do i just use one in the downpipe? I'll have to get another bung welded in since i have a Wideband in there currently. would it hurt anything to start it without the O2 sensor?

- are they any vac. diagrams available? just need to make sure the way i have it is correct.

heres a pic of the set up incase its needed:

(valvecovers looks like ass due to cell phone pics, but their wrinkle red and look 20x better in person.)
484230_518315184852903_2042754827_n.jpg

dark-knight

Established Member
i figured so, but when i looked at the manifolds, i think i only had one bung on one side and the other o2 was in the midpipe (after the downpipe),

dark-knight

Established Member
+1.

What kit are you using?

He's using a custom kit bought from a member on here. its pretty damn custom cause we've had to customize almost everything on it haha.

- forward facing magic bus manifolds
- custom up pipe
- turbonetics t76 turbo
- custom down pipe
- custom coldside piping
- SCT MAF (slot style)
- XS power intercooler

thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
take and have another bung welded in the other header. needs to have two. take the one out of the downpipe and install a wideband, aem uego is a good place to start. then have it tuned.

dark-knight

Established Member
i already have a wideband in the down pipe. think they can install a bung witht he manifolds in the car still?

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
i already have a wideband in the down pipe. think they can install a bung witht he manifolds in the car still?

Ehhh, I dont know about that. It would depend on how much room is down there and the material of the header. If its mild steel, it could be mig'd and you might be able to get a gun in there. Stainless will need to be TIG'd and forget about doing that with the amount of room that is down there. Your best bet is to pull the header off and take it in. Mark the spot you want the bung in while its on the car. Hold an o2 sensor up to the header to get an idea how it will fit while its on there. You only get one chance at that.

Last edited:

dark-knight

Established Member
what about in the Up- pipe? theres already one bung on the passenger side, Its on there like a mofo, but if its gonna come off...it will.

prostkr

Established Member
They should be equally spaced from the cylinder head if possible. If you have an extra bung already in the wrong spot, just buy a plug to close it off.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
They should be equally spaced from the cylinder head if possible. If you have an extra bung already in the wrong spot, just buy a plug to close it off.

This. It should be located near the collector of the header. A good example would be the stock manifold and the o2 location on it.

MTBSully

Established Member
Just make sure the sensor bung is welded in a way that is above horizontal. You dont want moisture to collect on the sensor. So mount it between say 10oclock and 2 oclock if possible

BBAMOTORS

Established Member
drain

Hey guys. im posting from my room mates account and i had afew questions about my turbo build. its almost done just need afew things to finish up. its a single t76 turbo custom kit.

- since the car originally had two O2 sensors, do i just use one in the downpipe? I'll have to get another bung welded in since i have a Wideband in there currently. would it hurt anything to start it without the O2 sensor?

- are they any vac. diagrams available? just need to make sure the way i have it is correct.

heres a pic of the set up incase its needed:

(valvecovers looks like ass due to cell phone pics, but their wrinkle red and look 20x better in person.)
484230_518315184852903_2042754827_n.jpg

It looks like to me your Oil drain on your turbo is facing upwards? I would assume with it positioned like that is would require a pump ,otherwise it would cause an issue with oil draining from turbo?

Last edited:

dark-knight

Established Member
ok. i know the turbo is kind of in a tight place. i should have just spent the extra money and got a hellion kit :/

anything else anyone see's would be helpful.

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
All you need to do is loosen up the bolts on the inside if the turbo on both cold and hot side and spin the feed line to the top and tight them but not over kill because the cold side is alum and will strip easy.

dark-knight

Established Member
thats the problem. His flange on his uppipe is a t6, but the turbo is a t4 and he used an adapter to make the turbo work. so his line wont sit directly under the turbo. would it be fine if it was on the side?

I know he;s gettin fed up with this kit but it'll be worth it in the end.

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Drain line needs to be pointing down, gonna pop the seals right out of that thing. It simply is not going to work that way. I wouldn't even feel comfortable running a scavenge pump with it plumbed like that.

Good eye who ever caught that first.

Users who are viewing this thread