a few pics

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Its stupid to spend 180 bucks (before shipping) when you can spend ~$20 more bucks and get the OEM ones from Steve!!!

slvrcontourgirl

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
Its stupid to spend 180 bucks (before shipping) when you can spend ~$20 more bucks and get the OEM ones from Steve!!!

well, on that auction, it said they were OEM? i mean, i dont know too much about cars...but maybe i'm just overlooking something?

Lyndsay

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
slvrcontourgirl said:
well, on that auction, it said they were OEM? i mean, i dont know too much about cars...but maybe i'm just overlooking something?

Lyndsay
Ebay has quite a bit of parts that say 'OEM' but are not. They are built to 'OEM specs' but come no where near them.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
slvrcontourgirl said:

Lyndsay

yeah, if you dont know much about cars, definitely inquire with the contour guys first before you buy anything on ebay. there is a lot of crap on there. almost any part you'd need, you can get from someone on CEG (contour.org) or theyll be able to point you in the right place where to find the best deal. good luck with your tour and when youre ready for some real power, drop the Taurus 3 liter in there! :beer: :pepper:

ps those side mouldings are stuck on with double sided tape and will peel right off. these cars look waaaay better with them removed. i pulled them off with my bare hands and then just picked all the tape residue off. great free mod :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Pronkie1

Established Member
Nic pics....I noticed there a rear spoiler on your SVT....You bought it that way, right??? All SVT's come with no spoiler.....I did the headlight haze fix found on contour.org and works great, just takes time and patience..Like stated before, go with the authenic Ford headlights...This was discussed also in length in the Bullitt forum and all state to use the real Ford ones...Good luck....

jp984639

Headlights

I suggest using a 500 grit, 1000 grit, and 2000 grit wetsanding and buff out with some polishing compound, then use some Mag cleaner and they should come out pretty close. When I got my SVT, they were worse than that. They now look pretty damn good. Saves you about $180. Just need a little elbow grease.

Crazycarl

Established Member
Pronkie1 said:
Nic pics....I noticed there a rear spoiler on your SVT....You bought it that way, right??? All SVT's come with no spoiler.....I did the headlight haze fix found on contour.org and works great, just takes time and patience..Like stated before, go with the authenic Ford headlights...This was discussed also in length in the Bullitt forum and all state to use the real Ford ones...Good luck....

some came with spoilers if i recall correctly..think it was an option

Primalzer1998

Established Member
Yeah it was merely a dealer installed option as a I believe. And in my opinion I like the much better without. As for trying to get the yellow out of the headlights, nothing is better than new! Just got mine from Steve and they look awesome. Original Ford parts, so you can't go wrong, and the price is right. This is my second Ford vehicle with the yellowing light problem, and the only good way to do a really good job is to split the light open remove all of the glue, then glue them back together, and then you really don't get a good seal, and you get moisture inside the unit. Really what it comes down to, is take the hit and spend the extra money to just get new lights. It'll make it look brand new (almost....)!

Brian97vobra

Established Member
Primalzer1998 said:
Yeah it was merely a dealer installed option as a I believe. And in my opinion I like the much better without. As for trying to get the yellow out of the headlights, nothing is better than new! Just got mine from Steve and they look awesome. Original Ford parts, so you can't go wrong, and the price is right. This is my second Ford vehicle with the yellowing light problem, and the only good way to do a really good job is to split the light open remove all of the glue, then glue them back together, and then you really don't get a good seal, and you get moisture inside the unit. Really what it comes down to, is take the hit and spend the extra money to just get new lights. It'll make it look brand new (almost....)!

Just ordered mine from Steve. Can't wait to get em!!!:banana: My tabs were also broken so the lights were pointing towards the ground, so they were basically worthless at night...

slvrcontourgirl

Established Member
SVT SNOB said:
The haze fix is just temporary, I say just buy new headlights. The dealership by my house sells them for $95each.

Aaron

How are the headlights that cheap?! I went to the dealer today and asked about the headlights and the grill (I'm sure all of you know about that too :cuss: ) and he told me the headlights were going to be $173 and some change......EACH!!!:cuss: :nono: UM....why?! So I just asked about the grill, and that was going to be $300!!!! Now why would somebody pay $300 for that?!!? :bs: Makes me angry....So I think I'm going to go with the headlights from Steve, but still 100% clueless about where to get a grill...as my boyfriend said to me today *Your car is missing its front teeth...You should get that fixed soon.* and which of course, I want to...and now that I have the cash...I want to ASAP...so if anybody could help me out with the grill situation, that would be WONDERFUL! Thanks guys!

1BadCSVT

Missing my E0!
Established Member
slvrcontourgirl said:
So I think I'm going to go with the headlights from Steve, but still 100% clueless about where to get a grill...as my boyfriend said to me today *Your car is missing its front teeth...You should get that fixed soon.* and which of course, I want to...and now that I have the cash...I want to ASAP...so if anybody could help me out with the grill situation, that would be WONDERFUL! Thanks guys!

Search the Classifieds in CEG (contour.org). Or PM Reebs over there he might still have his. He is parting out his entire SVT since it was totaled in a rear end accident. Very good guy and great to deal with.

slvrcontourgirl

Established Member
1BadCSVT said:
Search the Classifieds in CEG (contour.org). Or PM Reebs over there he might still have his. He is parting out his entire SVT since it was totaled in a rear end accident. Very good guy and great to deal with.

I did some looking about on CEG, but wasnt really sure if they had what i needed? How would i go about PMing this Reebs guy to find out about his SVT?? I'd like to get the grill ASAP, and maybe even the headlights too.

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
slvrcontourgirl said:
How are the headlights that cheap?! I went to the dealer today and asked about the headlights and the grill (I'm sure all of you know about that too :cuss: ) and he told me the headlights were going to be $173 and some change......EACH!!!:cuss: :nono: UM....why?! So I just asked about the grill, and that was going to be $300!!!! Now why would somebody pay $300 for that?!!? :bs: Makes me angry....So I think I'm going to go with the headlights from Steve, but still 100% clueless about where to get a grill...as my boyfriend said to me today *Your car is missing its front teeth...You should get that fixed soon.* and which of course, I want to...and now that I have the cash...I want to ASAP...so if anybody could help me out with the grill situation, that would be WONDERFUL! Thanks guys!
That's because they are charging you after the market up. Steve I believe is 10-15% over COST. That's why there is the huge difference. If its something you aren't in a hurry for, the internet deals are the way to go.

1BadCSVT

Missing my E0!
Established Member
slvrcontourgirl said:
I did some looking about on CEG, but wasnt really sure if they had what i needed? How would i go about PMing this Reebs guy to find out about his SVT?? I'd like to get the grill ASAP, and maybe even the headlights too.

N/m I just saw his updated list of parts. The grill is gone along with the headlights. Keep checking CEG's classifieds though.

slvrcontourgirl

Established Member
I was just browsing around on ebay once again..this time looking for a factory CD player, cuz its KILLING me not having one. I stumbled upon this...anybody think it's a good idea or not? I emailed Steve today about headlights, and possibly a grill (to see if he has one, or could get one and for how much). I'm still waiting on a response from him, but I just wanted to see what you guys said about this... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-9...tegoryZ33710QQihZ019QQitemZ290069413835QQrdZ1 thanks!!

Lyndsay

Users who are viewing this thread