a few pics

slvrcontourgirl

Established Member
Here's a few pics of my car. We took them at a place nearby....really cold, but nice and sunny!!!

100_2759forphotobucket.jpg

100_2762forphotobucket.jpg

100_2764forphotobucket.jpg

100_2767forphotobucket.jpg

100_2768forphotobucket.jpg

100_2769forphotobucket.jpg

100_2771forphotobucket.jpg

100_2774forphotobucket.jpg

100_2772forphotobucket.jpg

Tell me what you guys think. Thanks!

Lyndsay

slvrcontourgirl

Established Member
yea, headlights is right...they are next on my list of things to *fix*...i already have the sunroof down, and a few other simple things. thats on my christmas list that i gave santa for this year :-D :p

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
good looking car! What size engine is in those? I think they are a great improvement over the other contours

SVTPHAT

Established Member
Ok I just noticed something that i'm sure no one else did only cuase I got the same prob with my car. On the drivers side where the rear bumper meets up with the rear quarter panel there's a lil gap and the rear bumper sits in a lil farter than it should. but the passanger side doesn't, I have the same thing on my car, anyone know what's up with that!?

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
mineralgrey01gt said:
good looking car! What size engine is in those? I think they are a great improvement over the other contours
They have the 2.5L V6..

The pictures look good.

Y2KSVT

Established Member
SVTPHAT said:
Ok I just noticed something that i'm sure no one else did only cuase I got the same prob with my car. On the drivers side where the rear bumper meets up with the rear quarter panel there's a lil gap and the rear bumper sits in a lil farter than it should. but the passanger side doesn't, I have the same thing on my car, anyone know what's up with that!?

The rear bumpers are heavy, and have the same bracketry and hardware holding them up as the regular SE bumpers. There are two bolts on the side, and two in the back. The holes that the back two bolts go through were elongated for imperfections, so they could put the bumpers on quickly and tighten them down. So gradually over time, the bolts will slowly start to sag down that elongated hole. What you need to do, is loosen those bolts and raise the bumper back up. To stop this from happening again, you can find smaller bolts that will thread into that void of an elongated hole, the opposite direction of the other bolts. This keeps the bumper from sagging. Or you could just weld those holes 1/2 shut to make a smaller hole.

Mark

SVT SNOB

Established Member
The haze fix is just temporary, I say just buy new headlights. The dealership by my house sells them for $95each.

Aaron

1BadCSVT

Missing my E0!
Established Member
slvrcontourgirl said:
I found some on ebay...they look really nice. I think it'd be right around $200 for the pair, and thats including shipping.

Nice pics. Got to love the E0 wheels!

As for the headlights don't get the ebay ones. There was a big post on contour.org about how they don't fit right. They hang out a little bit by where the meet at the fender. Just get a set of true OEM Ford lights, you'll be a lot happier with the fit and quality. Follow this link http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264838 and that should help you out. Good luck. I'm doing the same thing, well that is if Santa brings them for me...

slvrcontourgirl

Established Member
haha...yep...Im hoping santa will bring some stuff for me, but i guess i better tell hin to forget about the ebay ones and try goin to the dealership i guess...hmmm

1BadCSVT

Missing my E0!
Established Member
You don't even really have to go to a local dealership, just follow that link I posted. Also search around contour.org they are a great place for help with our cars.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
debos99csvt said:
Nice pics and nice car. Time for new headlights though!!!
My first thought as well.

Those are some very neglected headlights. At this point replacement is likely mandatory. For future maintenance using some rubbing or polishing compound followed by headlight polish is a must. Meguiars makes a great headlight polish that brings the shine back to "clear" lenses.

slvrcontourgirl

Established Member

Brian97vobra

Established Member
Yeah you might as well just get the factory one's for only a little bit more...
So hey how is the weather up there in ohio? I'll be in cincinnati next weekend!!!:banana:

1BadCSVT

Missing my E0!
Established Member
slvrcontourgirl said:
well..the ebay headlights that i was looking at were these.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-9...tegoryZ33710QQihZ019QQitemZ290059368875QQrdZ1 is that still a bad idea? when i first bought the car, the drivers side also had some moisture in it too, thats what actually made me want the new headlights, rather than the foggy look to them...meh, we'll see what happens.

Lyndsay

Yeah just go with the Ford ones. A friend of mine just got ebay cheapies for his Grand Prix and the fitting on them is hidious. There is a gap big enough to fit my fingers in all the way to the back of my nail where the lights come to meet the emblem.

Users who are viewing this thread