a few pics

brndnbrlw

Established Member
For RTStabler51 and for the rest of 'us' that really have no idea...

I actually bought a pair of replica headlights on ebay, $142 after shipping. from Dr.Autoparts or some shit like that. First off, the reason being, my body shop wanted $175 for ONE headlight. second, i wasnt about to have one old and one new headlight. third, i got both for $33 less than one!!!

now to the point. I would loooove to own this car for more than 10 years, but if even the true OEM, 'FORD' Headlights dont last even that, I'm fine spending way less for ones that will work for now. Even IF they only last 5 years.

just my .02.

dont mean to make anyone upset here.

Last edited:

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
i have the cheap aftermarket headlights, we found that out while baking them to mod em, when there was 9lbs of glue on them. they look great though, no complaints, 1 year 3 months since i owned it, and who knows how long before that!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
brndnbrlw said:
For RTStabler51 and for the rest of 'us' that really have no idea...

I actually bought a pair of replica headlights on ebay, $142 after shipping. from Dr.Autoparts or some shit like that. First off, the reason being, my body shop wanted $175 for ONE headlight. second, i wasnt about to have one old and one new headlight. third, i got both for $33 less than one!!!

now to the point. I would loooove to own this car for more than 10 years, but if even the true OEM, 'FORD' Headlights dont last even that, I'm fine spending way less for ones that will work for now. Even IF they only last 5 years.

just my .02.

dont mean to make anyone upset here.
Its not about how long they 'last' its about fitment issues! If you like your car looking like shit, or whatever, then hey go for it. But to me, a whole 20-40 bucks on fitment is better than buying crap.

mvr

Established Member
sometimes i miss my contour :( but then i look at my stang :thumbsup:

thats beautiful svt, i want to get one of those for a daily driver.

i had a 99 se sport v6 5spd, loved that car. i did the dehazing to the front lights when i had it, worked like a charm.

slvrcontourgirl

Established Member
I am going to order those headlights from Steve, I just have to find some time to call him with my really busy school/work schedule. I am still in search of a grill, and I'd really like to go used, since it seems the cheapest I've seen (other than on ebay, which is apparantly not the best idea) is $197 (from Steve)!!! I really don't want to spend that much on the grill but if thats what it comes down to, I guess I don't have much of a choice...meh, oh well.

Lyndsay

slvrcontourgirl

Established Member
I am going to order those headlights from Steve, I just have to find some time to call him with my really busy school/work schedule. I am still in search of a grill, and I'd really like to go used, since it seems the cheapest I've seen (other than on ebay, which is apparantly not the best idea) is $197 (from Steve)!!! I really don't want to spend that much on the grill but if thats what it comes down to, I guess I don't have much of a choice...meh, oh well.

Lyndsay

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
haha you guys call Steve an "internet deal"

i call him a ...... dude call steve and tell him to put it on my credit card and leave it somewhere outside so i can finish this thing tonight! (i love living close to tousley parts warehouse) :) :) thanks steve!

Users who are viewing this thread