A few pics of the 03 with the new wheels on...

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Here a few pics of the 03 Cobra with the newly installed True Forged Chicane wheels (18X10 with 305/35/18 and 18X9 with 275/40/18):

204560.jpg

204561.jpg

204562.jpg

Big thanks to Kevin (04sleeper) for taking some amazing shots of the car. :beer:

You rock bro !!! :rockon:

dpotter

Established Member
Very nice would be an understatement! That's what I call Cobra jewelry...:thumbsup:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Looks good JC, why the huge tires though?:dw:

It looks WAY off the ground... I guess you don't have to worry about dips in the road up in Frisco...:beer:

BTW, those wheels look great, little heavier at 5-7 lbs more, but not too bad... price makes up for that!:thumbsup:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Looks good JC, why the huge tires though?:dw:

It looks WAY off the ground... I guess you don't have to worry about dips in the road up in Frisco...:beer:

BTW, those wheels look great, little heavier at 5-7 lbs more, but not too bad... price makes up for that!:thumbsup:

Thanks Matt, I guess !!! The tires are only 1/2" taller than stock and I was limited on the kind of tire combos to run since I wanted to run DR's out back plus I like the Nitto DR's for the street (I have a set of slicks/skinnies for the track). The front and rear tires have the same overall diameter which I wanted to accomplish and only make the car less than 1/2" taller than stock, which apparently is more than apparent to some.

Remeber that a few of the pics were taken from ground level which magnifies things a bit...

How much do your HRE wheels by themselves weigh? I bet it is not much less if any than the wheels on the pics. The TF's front wheels weigh 25lbs and the rears weigh 27lbs by themselves but the Nittos on them are pretty heavy...

Overall I am extremely happy with the quality, price, and looks of the wheels and would not change a thing about them other than maybe a little more lip in the front... :beer:

looks badass, should have had the parking and fogs on :)

Great idea... Next time I will do that... Thanks for the compliment !!! :beer:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Thanks Matt, I guess !!! The tires are only 1/2" taller than stock and I was limited on the kind of tire combos to run since I wanted to run DR's out back plus I like the Nitto DR's for the street (I have a set of slicks/skinnies for the track). The front and rear tires have the same overall diameter which I wanted to accomplish and only make the car less than 1/2" taller than stock, which apparently is more than apparent to some.

Remeber that a few of the pics were taken from ground level which magnifies things a bit...

How much do your HRE wheels by themselves weigh? I bet it is not much less if any than the wheels on the pics. The TF's front wheels weigh 25lbs and the rears weigh 27lbs by themselves but the Nittos on them are pretty heavy...

Overall I am extremely happy with the quality, price, and looks of the wheels and would not change a thing about them other than maybe a little more lip in the front... :beer:

Great idea... Next time I will do that... Thanks for the compliment !!! :beer:
I dunno bout the wheels/tires weight... I have Pilots which I don't think are real light. The fronts weighed 47.5 and the rears weighed 48.5... My rears are 18x11s too so a little more wheel...

Your front tires are an inch taller than stock, and the rears are .8 inches taller... granted, like you said, it only sits the car 1/2 inch higher, but with some beautiful 18s, the car doesn't have the in the weed stance like Jason's car... It still looks pimpin for sure:beer:

BTW, Nittos are great tires! I would have just gone with a shorter tire in front(275/35 or 265/35) and ran the rake!:rolling:

Last edited:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I dunno bout the wheels/tires weight... I have Pilots which I don't think are real light. The fronts weighed 47.5 and the rears weighed 48.5... My rears are 18x11s too so a little more wheel...

Your front tires are an inch taller than stock, and the rears are .8 inches taller... granted, like you said, it only sits the car 1/2 inch higher, but with some beautiful 18s, the car doesn't have the in the weed stance like Jason's car... It still looks pimpin for sure:beer:

BTW, Nittos are great tires! I would have just gone with a shorter tire in front(275/35 or 265/35) and ran the rake!:rolling:

I wish I would have gone with 275/35/18 but what the hell, I will try to sell the 275/40/18's and buy the others or I will just keep them as is...

Whoa! That definately looks awesome :rockon:

WOW :eek:

Looks great JC :rockon:

Thanks guys !!!

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
JC if you don't care about the tires matching, my dad has some 275/35 Yokohamas that came off his Vette... they are directional looking tires, (they look like a GSD3). They were $285 a piece when we got em. They have about 1500 miles and look brand new. I had a blow out on one of the rears, and they dis-coed the tire so we had to change all of them to match.

My dad only wants $250 for the pair... they are sitting in my garage, so if you wanted you could meet my girl over there, or I could sell em to you in two weeks when I am there in town... I got a friend at Discount who will hook you up on the mounting and balancing too to save you more money.:rockon:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
JC if you don't care about the tires matching, my dad has some 275/35 Yokohamas that came off his Vette... they are directional looking tires, (they look like a GSD3). They were $285 a piece when we got em. They have about 1500 miles and look brand new. I had a blow out on one of the rears, and they dis-coed the tire so we had to change all of them to match.

My dad only wants $250 for the pair... they are sitting in my garage, so if you wanted you could meet my girl over there, or I could sell em to you in two weeks when I am there in town... I got a friend at Discount who will hook you up on the mounting and balancing too to save you more money.:rockon:

Thanks for the offer Matt but I am going to get some matching Nitto...

Nice looking combination.

Thanks...

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
JC, the car looks amazing bro! Don't let Matt bother you, he's complimenting you in his own weird sort of way and yet still "stroking" his own ego. That's a skill only perfected by north Dallas yuppie scum could pull off with a straight face.

Anyone else find it amusing when Terminator guys that are basically stock talk about weight savings? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread