A few pics of my black cobra inserts - for those considering them

MustangThief

Established Member
I've seen quite a few people ask about black Cobra inserts, and since I have some but hadn't taken any pictures, I snapped a few pics.

I'm a fan of Cobra inserts all the way, not a fan of the 125+ bucks some places want for them.

Anyway, I got these off of ebay, they cost 3 dollars, and the shipping was about 4 dollars.

So, these inserts were 7 dollars.

I know a lot of people like the SS inserts and Chrome etc. I'm just not a fan of those, and now that I've seen the black on my SB, i wouldn't change it for anything except MAYBE black chrome... but there's no reason now :)

IMG00267.jpg

IMG00266.jpg

IMG00268.jpg

IcE

Established Member
These are the same ones that I have on my Sonic Blue as well, they are black and can also be reflective as well. They are very nice and look amazing on SB.

04RiceEater

Established Member
Dont get the black chrome. For a start they cost me $125 and most of the time they look like a dull grey color. I am taking them off and going with the all black ones like yours.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was always a big fan of the black vinyl inserts. Mine were from Bob White Decals and cost around $30. at the time, plus shipping. $7. bucks including shipping is darn cheap.

Espo

lP ll llVll lP
Established Member
I had the black vinyl "COBRA" stickers, and decided to go with the black chrome, couldn't be any happier!!

whtsnake03

Established Member
I have black inserts on my white 'vert. I think they really go well with the black top.

I love 'em.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Looks great, I prefer the route you took opposed to the SS or chrome insert, they are a bit too flashy for me.

Nice camera too btw :D

:beer:

Sinultros

Unnaturally Aspirated
Established Member
Looks good. I am a chrome guy, however.

And I'd stay away from black chrome. Never been a fan of that. IMO it looks dirty.

MustangThief

Established Member
Looks great, I prefer the route you took opposed to the SS or chrome insert, they are a bit too flashy for me.

Nice camera too btw :D

:beer:

lol, the camera is my Blackberry Pearl. It's 2.0MP but works for most anything that I need to upload.

Yeah, for 7$ total, I just couldn't pass it up.

There were some bubbles in it, but I put it on with water so most of the bubbles came out, and the ones left worked their way out over a month or so. Now it just looks clean and stock, but really makes the back stand out a lot.

I was worried to do it because everyone with a SB i've talked to acts like chrome is the only way to go on SB, but after the bumper inserts, I think I might really like how black FR500s look, i was considering the anthracite but the blacks might look just right :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One reason why I prefer the vinyl letters is that they have more of a "factory painted" look. Whereas the metal letters are raised. The raised letters (metal) can also catch car wax depending on what type you use.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have the stainless (were already on the car when I bought it). I hate how the edges catch on towels while drying, and wax, while waxing! Since I have black, the stainless are about the only option, since the black decals wouldn't show at all. I wonder how they would look in red? I have a 10th car, so they might coordinate with the red interior accents...

Users who are viewing this thread