A few new parts from LFP

frmula505

Established Member
I got a few parts thanks to a killer tax return. I got all the parts from Lightning Force Performance (except for the MGW short throw shifter), and let me thank them for the SVTperf. price and their profesionalism and fast service. Thanks Jesse. First the parts that had the Cobra parked.
I had trashed the clutch, so I got a Fidanza aluminum flywheel and the Centriforce DF clutch kit. Thats what I had and was happy with it (at least till I up my power a bit).
photo0048mk5.jpg

photo0049uw2.jpg

A new MGW shifter to go with the new clutch.
photo0050gn2.jpg

Before I get some more go faster mods I need to do a little cooling mods. A LFP dual pass heat exchanger with the supertank reservior. First compared to the original heat exchanger.
photo0057yk5.jpg

photo0058au1.jpg

photo0056bx7.jpg

Then an aluminum expansion tank to mach.
photo0055pd6.jpg

And a new Truflow inlet pipe. I see some giggle gas in the near future.
photo0054hk3.jpg

ViciousJay

Established Member
youll be very happy witht he clutch as for the cooling stuff... to each is his own... good stuff though :rockon:

frmula505

Established Member
I am happy with the performance of the clutch I'm installing, It's a replacement of a similar one thats in there now. With the exception of a new flywheel. As for the coolant mods, this last summer i was driving the car hard and it got a little hot. I noticed the coolant in my HE reservoir was bubbling a bit. The new tank holds 5x the coolant and the reason for the new HE is obvious.

Turkish

The Perpetrator
Established Member
Nice mods, I believe the coolant in the H/E tank always bubbles because of the pump.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Aint' it nice when your tax return pays for nice stuff like this? ;-)

WDW MKR

Established Member
frmula505 said:
That time it was a lot more than usuall

The bubbling is the pump. The IC system fluid doesn't run anywhere near the boiling point.

If you were actually boiling the fluid, the HE would be the last of your worries. The only way for that to happen is lack of circulation, which would be caused by something like a plugged line, bad fuse/relay, bad pump, or split line evacuating the system. Still good to add that extra capacity. :thumbsup:

Mystic03

Established Member
is the expansion tank needed when buyin the dual pass,i just bought mine should b here on friday should i get the bigger tank before i install the H/E?

WDW MKR

Established Member
You already have a degas bottle. The LFP is just a nice upgrade for better looks, more capacity and the ability to add ice. It is definitely not a necessity with a stock or aftermarket HE. You can always add it down the road.

frmula505

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
The bubbling is the pump. The IC system fluid doesn't run anywhere near the boiling point.

If you were actually boiling the fluid, the HE would be the last of your worries. The only way for that to happen is lack of circulation, which would be caused by something like a plugged line, bad fuse/relay, bad pump, or split line evacuating the system. Still good to add that extra capacity. :thumbsup:
Thanks. I think I just hadn't noticed it before. At the time I was having problems with my thermostat ( two bad thermostats, only problems with car ever), and was worried about overheating. Also when it overheated due to the thermostats the radiator overflow tank bulged a bit and caused contact on the electric fan. Thats why I purchased the overflow tank. The SC expansion tank also matched nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread