a couple of questions...

lastexit99

Established Member
First, I have a 1996 Cobra. my coolant crossover pipe is showing rust. Ford doesn't make this part anymore, I found a place that seels takes offs and I could buy that, or try and remove it and clean it up and paint it. Which do you guys recommend?

Secondly, when I first start my car up, and drive down the road, as I hit 3500 RPM my car lurches for a second, and it does it again in secod gear at the same RPMs. From that point on it is smooth sailing. If I Stop and a light and go through the gears again its is smooth all the way. Is this the IMRC ( or whatever you call that) due to the engine being cold, or something else? Please help a mechanically ignorant guys out.

arayray

Established Member
First, I have a 1996 Cobra. my coolant crossover pipe is showing rust. Ford doesn't make this part anymore, I found a place that seels takes offs and I could buy that, or try and remove it and clean it up and paint it. Which do you guys recommend?

I plan on painting mine, I don't want to remove it because then I will have to reburp the coolant system. Take it off and paint it, it'll look brand new :rockon:

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
If you have the one terminal gauge temperature sender (which I am sure you do since you have 96s), make sure you have a good electrical ground between the crossover pipe and the heads after you paint the pipe. If you don't, your temp gauge will not work correctly. FYI, the temp sender wire is red with a white stripe.

Newer Cobras have a two pin temp gauge sender.

Users who are viewing this thread