A/c issue

RubberDown

the MAD hatter
Established Member
Took it to the shop when the ac wouldn't come on. Just put in a new motor but left the compressor in the car hooked up. I thought it was low on freon but they said that isn't the issue. Where do I go from there? I searched and read about high and low pressure switches and the ccrm but have no idea how to test for any of that.

Hockeyman48

Established Member
If you just rolled it out of the way w/ the lines left connected,its probably an electrical issue. Does the fan motor blow? Do you know if the clutch is engaging on the compressor? If you're not sure on these issues and aren't electrically knowledgeable,I'd take it to an A/C shop that does electrical as well as charging.A competent shop can easily diagnose the problem.Problem might arise on the cost to troubleshoot it though.Check around for prices to analyze it.

RubberDown

the MAD hatter
Established Member
the interior fan is running, clutch is not turning on on the compressor. I bypassed the low pressure switch it didnt turn on. I also noticed the rad fan doesnt come on when I turn the ac on. I consider myself pretty electrically knowledgeable.

Ryan

RubberDown

the MAD hatter
Established Member
checked the plugs on low pressure (at firewall), high pressure (by radiator) and compressor... all seemed to be good.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I've been battling this same problem for 4 years now since I did my motor swap.

Check your rear window defrost/AC fuse (they share the same fuse), see if it blows everytime you turn on the defrost (little pop).

Also, what motor swap did you do? Anything that required different wiring?

RubberDown

the MAD hatter
Established Member
its still a teksid with b heads. no wiring is different. just forged, headwork, intake work, exhaust work, supercharger. fuse doesnt blow with the rear defog which is working

Last edited:

Established Member
I just found something that might be a cause...

Low side coolant temp sensor.

http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/july2007/techtips.htm

See bottom of the article.

Apparently if it is bad, it could cause the system to think that the engine's temp is high, and as a result, the PCM shuts down the AC which is a preventative measure.

Since the only thing replaced was the motor, this could be something that came bad with the new motor.

RubberDown

the MAD hatter
Established Member
i built the motor, it wasnt a crate so it has most of the old sensors. Are you talking the temp sensor for the motor? Motor temp looks to be right in the middle of the gauge.

Established Member
i built the motor, it wasnt a crate so it has most of the old sensors. Are you talking the temp sensor for the motor? Motor temp looks to be right in the middle of the gauge.

I think your motor has 2 sensors. One on each side of the U crossover pipe. (Mine only has one.. 99-01) It might not matter if the gauge reads properly since one signal goes to the gauge, and the other to the PCM.

Established Member
Omfg!!!!!!!!

I unplugged my coolant temp sensor and my ac finally works!!!!!!!!

****ing hells yeah!!!

There you have it

jesus f'n krist!!!

I solved my problem while solving yours!!!

Established Member
You can test the system by just unplugging the wiring to the sensor/s. Do that, start up the car and turn on your AC to see if it works.

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
My AC didnt work after I worked on my car all winter long. I ended up replacing this:

acconnector.jpg

And after I did that it worked fine. Not sure what you call it.

OttoCobra

Established Member
Omfg!!!!!!!!

I unplugged my coolant temp sensor and my ac finally works!!!!!!!!

****ing hells yeah!!!

There you have it

jesus f'n krist!!!

I solved my problem while solving yours!!!

Ken, I hope you are right...I sick of sveating all over these dayum seats !!

:bowdown:

RubberDown

the MAD hatter
Established Member
ok so someone advise me here. I bypassed the low pressure switch, it didnt turn on. The ac compressor is turning freely. There is adequate freon. Only things i can think of are the high pressure switch or the ccrm. How do i test these? Thanks.

Ryan

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
ok so someone advise me here. I bypassed the low pressure switch, it didnt turn on. The ac compressor is turning freely. There is adequate freon. Only things i can think of are the high pressure switch or the ccrm. How do i test these? Thanks.

Ryan

I did the same thing and have the same issue. I tested the CCRM and it was working fine.... I'm at a loss right now. Wondering if it has something do with my tune... although tuner says no. :shrug:

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
Finally got a chance to try unplugging the coolant temp sensor... and OMFG the A/C works now.... lol just have to figure out WHY.

Users who are viewing this thread