A/C help!!

1989CobraMakeOv

mustangoholic
Established Member
So my A/C quit on me and i thought maybe it needed a charging.... so i got some 134a for it and charged it yet noticed i had a pretty good leak in the "high side" compressor to condensor tube line. Well i look online and call MPS salvage just north of Atlanta and they send me a hose, but it must be for a 98 or other model mustang because the electronic sensor/hook up is different.

A) Does anyone know the EXACT part number for this A/C line for my 1999 cobra?

B) Does anyone know where to get one?

thanks!

OldSVTGuy

Established Member
There are some good auto AC parts places on line. Try these for starters:

Automotive Air Conditioning Parts & Equipment - WWW.ACKITS.COM
AC Source - Automotive Air Conditioning, AC Parts Tools Equipment Kits
Airpartsonline.com - automotive air conditioning parts, compressors and equipment
Automotive Air Conditioning Parts including AC Compressor - Auto Air Online.com

You'll also need to get some tools, too, if you haven't already. Good gauges, a vacuum pump, 0-rings, maybe some oil, etc.

Good luck...and be careful when working around your AC. Only charge on the LOW side; NEVER on the high side or you can really hurt yourself.

1989CobraMakeOv

mustangoholic
Established Member
Hit up Steve at Tousley!

thanks guys.

I did call Steve and after talking through some things, it was determined that i had a line from a 01 cobra and that all I had to do was take the "switch" off my bad line and put it on this new one and if should work just fine.

I thought about that yesterday but it looked like the switch was welded in, but upon further inspection and direction from Steve at Tousley, it looks like the switch can be unscrewed and I can just swap the two.

Users who are viewing this thread