9lb of weed = 20 years in prison in Bali

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Scoriox said:
i wonder what the american punishment would be for 20 lbs.

This:
problems_triad2.jpg

Bass

pour me another
Established Member
Scoriox said:
i wonder what the american punishment would be for 20 lbs.

depends on the state but in mass 49 lbs and under is misdemeanor, possession with intent to distribute. 50+ is felony trafficking as long as your not crossing state lines

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Bass said:
depends on the state but in mass 49 lbs and under is misdemeanor, possession with intent to distribute. 50+ is felony trafficking as long as your not crossing state lines

That isnt pounds, that is grams!

tvguy

Hey, it's their fricken country and THEIR damn laws. Who's to say it should be only "1-3" years living in the US? It looks more and more like a "setup" from the news, and hopefully she'll get out of it if that's the case. But what someone "here" thinks the penalty should be in a different country is ridiculous. Again, their country, their laws, their penalties.
pacotaco

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
Isn't that the same defense any drug smuggler uses? "It wasn't mine!" If she's innocent, I hope she sees justice.
In any case...

I'd hit it.

Bait

Established Member
in indonesia they classify marijuana as a class 1 drug (up with heroine and cocaine) so that is one reason why the sentence is so long...but still it could have been death which is absurb (death penalty for smuggling 9lbs of drugs...no matter what drug i dont think it should be death penalty)

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Man, I wish they'd just leave us stoners alone. Poor woman. I can't even imagine being in her situation right now, while we're discussing this on the internet. Puts my life and problems in perspective, that's for sure.

eldiablo

Established Member
pacotaco said:
Hey, it's their fricken country and THEIR damn laws. Who's to say it should be only "1-3" years living in the US? It looks more and more like a "setup" from the news, and hopefully she'll get out of it if that's the case. But what someone "here" thinks the penalty should be in a different country is ridiculous. Again, their country, their laws, their penalties.
pacotaco

I think you and everyone else here is missing the point. Yes she did bring in 9lbs of mary jane and yes she is most likely guilty. The problem lies in the discrepancy between her sentence and the man who killed nearly 200 people in the bombing of Bali. If you take a look at the math (yes I know it wouldn't work out like this in real life) he got 2 years for killing ~200 people. You could kill 1000 people and still only get half the sentence they gave her. 1000 PEOPLE!!!! There are some seriously retarded asshats running that country if that is the case.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Well, there's a very strong case to be had with "seriously, it's just weed," but you also make very good points.

Users who are viewing this thread