99mph in a 65 CALI

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
Well,
I Bought my 04' screaming yellow as my buddy with my old 01' took me to get the car.
On the way back home i was coming westbound on i580 and coming down a huge pass, someone cut my friend off and barely touched the front bumper... little rash mark but hardly noticeable. The lexus took off, so he wanted to get the plate #.
Anyways i had someone riding my ass going 70 down this pass so i sped up to about 90 to shake him and hit a gap, well... im not sure but i see the CHP pull out and go for my friend, well he waves me over too and weaves in and out of all 4 lanes trying to get my attention. So i comply.
He shows me a gun of 134?!?!?!
the lexus gets away, and the car that blocked me in was later pulled over.
WE both got written up for 99's in a 65. I didnt want to ditch my friend since i didnt know the area well enough so i didnt leave him stuck.
Well 2 diff cars, 2 diff tickets, 1st time driving the car.
ugh.

any suggestions on how to fight it or get it lessoned? Also the corrective box is checked for not correctable...

-Bret

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Just be happy it was not written for your actual speed. The penalties change (as does the vehicle code section) when you exceed 100 mph.

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
i know for a fact i was not at 134. i clearly lost sight of my friend, and was not going 134.... i was keeping pace with traffic if not a little more... i was in the far right lane.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
So you were trying to keep up with your friend that was trying to keep up witht he Lexus that collided with him[hit/run]?If yes,my advice is go to court with your friend IF your friend made a wreck report.That will prove you were doing what you say you were BUT,the speed [99] is going to hurt regardless.How is your driving record?First time driving the car goes right along with "Im not familiar with the area"I usually dont take this route"Might want to consider an atty.I believe most states have the ability to take your priviledge at the speed you mentioned.Example here,you can lose your license for 71+ in a 55.16 or more over and in a 55 zone

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well im sure one of the LEO's can confirm the speed, but I know one time (years ago) I got pulled over and the CHP was actually very cool (even laughing) as he said I seen you leave that Civic pretty far back there. I was messing around with a Civic in my Eclipse :) and got pulled over. He wrote on the ticket 100+, I was just happy to not get my car towed and a reckless driving, so I signed the ticket and went on my way. Well when I got the courtesy notice, it said "mandatory court appearance" I was like ok now im screwed there goes my license. Lol well turns out I didnt get the ticket, I dont know how or why, but I did a trial by declaration and months later I got a check for the fine I had paid and a letter that said case dismissed.

I thought it was anything above 100 is reckless? Maybe thats why he wrote down 99 instead??

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Go to court and explain the situation and that you complied with the officer when he waved you to pull over. And simply tell the judge that the top speed you remember was 90.

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
CLEAN RECORD.
I dont know how to do a Trial by Decleration? Thats when you appeal over mail? Correct?
He didnt make a hit report yet but will, we have been working 14hr days at work.

Quik Z06

Established Member
CLEAN RECORD.
I dont know how to do a Trial by Decleration? Thats when you appeal over mail? Correct?
He didnt make a hit report yet but will, we have been working 14hr days at work.

Well somtimes you need to ask the judge for the trial by declaration, but have got them from the clerk before as well. I would call and ask. Or go to court and tell the judge you werent going that fast and ask for traffic school. That way it doesnt go on your record and you can just take care of it online.

Users who are viewing this thread