99cobra vortech v2

99'WhiteCobra

Established Member
thinking of taking the vortech out and just getting the termi kit on it.. i make good power now but i love the whine of the eaton.. what do you guys think.. ps its a vortech v2, with the after cooler, ice box, injectors.. well how vortech sells it..

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Eaton swaps can get expensive when rounding odd parts up, you could recoup some selling the Vortech but it's a downgrade in my opinion unless it's race ported and pullied..

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
Seems like it would a lot of trouble for no gain.

I understand that a ported Eaton can make good numbers, but a Vortech V2/SI in factory trim is good for over 700hp.

Also if you ever want upgrade to a turbo set up , removing the Vortech is a lot easier then removing the Eaton setup.

2001cobravert

Established Member
Eaton swaps can get expensive when rounding odd parts up, you could recoup some selling the Vortech but it's a downgrade in my opinion unless it's race ported and pullied..

^^what he said. Some parts can get expensive/hard to find.
Also, do you have a stock bottom end? If you do, than what you have now is fine.
If its built I can see the reasoning.

JBird_Cobra

Established Member
If you ever decide to switch it up let me know... I may be interested in the Vortech depending on how soon you do it.

Users who are viewing this thread