99 SS vs. 04 Cobra

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
99SVT3753 said:
Yup from a dead stop they have more torque off the line and since you didnt have gears to help you he woulda ate ya .. it's why he knew not to do it from a roll when your setup kicks in and kills him.
Thats what I was gonna say. The A4 LS1 can be quick from a dig, especially with gears. Get some DR's and run him again!

ragu1585

Game Over
Established Member
i would think you would have him from a dig or roll no problem if both cars were stock and you were as good a driver as the SS.. ive had a few run in with my saleen and i am more then a handful for them either way, and i am no where near a cobra.. just my thoughts though

Wintermute

Banned
sutn said:
+1
The LS1 internet world is the only place I've seen h/c/i LS1's "rape" or put bus lengths on 03/04 Cobra's. I havn't seen it yet on the street or the track.

No shit, WTF are you guys talking about ? An H/C/I SS against a stock terminator is damn near a drivers race. "Buslengths" my johnson. :rollseyes

JUGRNAUT

Banned
sutn said:
+1
The LS1 internet world is the only place I've seen h/c/i LS1's "rape" or put bus lengths on 03/04 Cobra's. I havn't seen it yet on the street or the track.

i dont see whats so hard to believe? Pullied cobra, 460rwhp, vs h/c ls1 car making 440rwhp. The ls1 weighs about 200-300lbs less..... dunno about "rape" but beat for the most part.

331SC

EGO Sum Deus
Established Member
Why am i the only one always defending the LS1?

Have seen "3" LS1 f-bodies in the low 12's at over 122mph with H/C/I. While that will put them side by side with a pullied terminator. A stocker would be crushed.

sutn

Established Member
JUGRNAUT said:
Pullied cobra, 460rwhp, vs h/c ls1 car making 440rwhp. The ls1 weighs about 200-300lbs less..... dunno about "rape" but beat for the most part.

Sounds like a driver's race to me. :p :shrug:

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
331SC said:
Why am i the only one always defending the LS1?

Have seen "3" LS1 f-bodies in the low 12's at over 122mph with H/C/I. While that will put them side by side with a pullied terminator. A stocker would be crushed.

because we are on a ford board. :bash:

QuikGT

Banned
jboss11 said:
I drove a 02SS with h/C/I and a tune. My cobra felt faster that the SS. :coolman:

must have had a horrid setup with a small cam.....where in texas are you from, maybe we can get together for some friendly runs???

jleews6

Established Member
Win7ermute said:
No shit, WTF are you guys talking about ? An H/C/I SS against a stock terminator is damn near a drivers race. "Buslengths" my johnson. :rollseyes

I have an 02 SS right now that has a 100% stock motor. No heads,no cam nothing but a coule of bolt ons (no nitrous). You find a stock terminator and I will give him 2 car lengths and I will out run him in the 1/4.My stock 03 ran 12.6 and I think thats above average and my bolt on ss with drag radials is much quicker than 12.6.
not taking anything from the Cobra because we all no there fast (mine went low 11s ) but you are under estimating a H,C,I ls1.

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
Win7ermute said:
You should know more about your competition. A H&C LS1 will beat a pullied cobra, and pull a stock cobra pretty hard.

Wintermute

Banned
Maybe with a huge cam. They are putting down near the same to the wheels, if the cobra is ported, bye bye. With a moderate cam this is a drivers race. Too much bench-racing bs in here. Post 1/4 times. "Buslengths" implies 6-9 cars.

Last edited:

jleews6

Established Member
Win7ermute said:
Maybe with a huge cam. They are putting down near the same to the wheels, if the cobra is ported, bye bye. With a moderate cam this is a drivers race. Too much bench-racing bs in here. Post 1/4 times. "Buslengths" implies 6-9 cars.

I dont bench race. Like I said before. My SS has a stock motor and with drag radials I will stomp a stock Cobra. I will say it again, My Cobra went 12.6 when it was 3 days old and dead stock and I think thats faster than average and my stock motored SS would stomp my Cobra.
From a 50 roll a cobra would outrun me but not from a stop. I wont post my times but I will say that my SS has gone quicker than any stock Cobra you have watched go down a track.

Alot of the problem with the LS1 cars is that some of the owners dont know what there doing and they run like crap at the track. kind of like when I go to the track and watch moded Cobras run low 13s:rolleyes:
that dont mean that there all slow.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
:??:
Hah... this post is funny. I'm new to Cobras, being a former Mach guy, but I am truely amused with you LS1 guys. I know what my Mach was capable, I know what my Cobra is capable of... and I know quite enough about LS1's to just laugh at all this.
My Mach was a good run for an LS1... and I can say without a doubt my Cobra would have b*tch slapped my Mach... My Cobra is lightly modded, pullied and tuned, but meh.
Maybe I need some experience with an HCI LS1... but I am amused that an LS1 would be able to put "Bus Lengths" on a pullied Terminator... haha.

I heard a Cobalt with cat-back, chip, and a few stickers will also put bus lengths on a Cobra though... so maybe you Chevy guys should start racing each other... the Ford camp obviously can't keep up.

jleews6

Established Member
Iamchris said:
:??:
Hah... this post is funny. I'm new to Cobras, being a former Mach guy, but I am truely amused with you LS1 guys. I know what my Mach was capable, I know what my Cobra is capable of... and I know quite enough about LS1's to just laugh at all this.
My Mach was a good run for an LS1... and I can say without a doubt my Cobra would have b*tch slapped my Mach... My Cobra is lightly modded, pullied and tuned, but meh.
Maybe I need some experience with an HCI LS1... but I am amused that an LS1 would be able to put "Bus Lengths" on a pullied Terminator... haha.

I heard a Cobalt with cat-back, chip, and a few stickers will also put bus lengths on a Cobra though... so maybe you Chevy guys should start racing each other... the Ford camp obviously can't keep up.

I hope your not talking about me because I never said that a HCI ls1 would put bus lengths on a pullied cobra.Im just saying that he is underestimating the ls1 by saying that a H,C,I ls1 is a good match for a stock cobra.
Like I said before I had two 03 cobras and I went low 11s when that was fast for a terminator so I have alot of respect for them and they are great cars but im telling you that MY ls1 has a 100% stock motor and I will outrun ANY bone stock Cobra.(remember he said a H,C,I ls1 was a good run for a stock Cobra)I'm originaly from Mass. and I will be comming up there with my ls1 soon so maybe we can get together for some friendly runs .You have the pulley and a tune so im sure you will take me but it should still be fun. just give MPE racing a call (there in whittman Mass.)and tell them your going to run me then let me know what they said. LOL:D

OK you can go back to laughing at all this.

ibepressin

Established Member
Win7ermute said:

This is sarcasm right? If not you are clearly misinformed. My cam only ls1 walks hard on my friends 03 cobra. He has cat back fipk and a upgraded heat exchanger. Add heads and a fast 90 90 it is literally busses. Anyone in the lehigh valley area with your "stock cobra" who feels the need to prove me wrong. I'm on here all the time.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I'de be willing to run you... feel free to PM me if you are really interested. We would either need to find a very secluded location or run up to NED.

I currently make 440/450 with a very safe tune and killer powerband.

jleews6

Established Member
sounds good Chris. I had a 450 RWHP cobra to. Dont forget that my motor is STOCK!

It should be fun and I will PM you when I come up.Just so you know, I'm doing this for fun and I like all kinds of cars but I just want to see how my almost stock ls1 does against your pulleyed Cobra.:)

Users who are viewing this thread