99 cobra vs 135i

blacksvt99

Established Member
I was coming home from work when I seen some bright hids coming up on me quick so I came to a stop and the idiot almost rear end me. When I turned on to the main road to get home he creeped up on me and threw some revs and took off. When he drove by I seen that it was a Bmw 135i. I let him go cause a school was comig up and there is always a highway patrol hiding there. So as I passed the school I floored it and caught up to him. We were rolling side by side. I down shifted to 3rd and kepted it at about 3k. He did the 3 honks we both took off. Half of 3rd i had him by 1 1/2 then shifted to 4th and put another half on him. Had to let off do to outcoming traffic and intersection. Caught him at the light again glanced at him and he put his head down threw some revs at him and went home.

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
A buddy of mine has a 135i. Its a pretty cool little car. I took my wifes Lexus IS350 to the track against his 135i. Lets say he cant drive but my 13.8 was good enough to put a few lengths on him. His car trapped higher but I still got the win light.

On a side note that same night a newer GT with filter and programmer ran 13.8 at 100 mph. That was the same as my Lexus 4 door kid hauler!!

sweet88gt

Established Member
Not real sure, those 135i are twin turbo low boost with 300hp stock. With mods I have seen one run at the track run in the low 12s. The wifes Lexus is also 300hp but N/A. All in all pretty good I would say. What do have done to the car??

blacksvt99

Established Member
All my car has is jba shorty headers, flowmaster catback, k&n fipk, diablosport, and mgw shifter. I dont know if the 135i was modded or not.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Good kill OP, it is always good to put a hurtin on the Euro trash...lol

primetime

Established Member
All my car has is jba shorty headers, flowmaster catback, k&n fipk, diablosport, and mgw shifter. I dont know if the 135i was modded or not.

Nice kill! I'm guessing that he wasn't the greatest driver as it should have been closer.... Few bucks in mods and he will take you.... later Ron

primetime

Established Member
I wouldnt say that

I would given his limited mods it should have been closer with a slight edge to the Cobra.... With mods the 135 will take the Cobra.... read up on the 135 and 335 cars.... later Ron

Last edited:

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
Good run OP, I was expecting a closer race or the Highway Patrol guy to bust him for being a jerk and speeding around the school!

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Nice kill! I'm guessing that he wasn't the greatest driver as it should have been closer.... Few bucks in mods and he will take you.... later Ron

If I'm not mistaken OPs car is good for 110mph traps and a stock 135i is no where near that. :dw: Why do all these 135i/335i guys come out of the woodwork with comments like these? We all know what they can do with some BPU mods but they are not any faster than a stock S197 Mustang GT in stock form.

2k3gt

Established Member
I would given his limited mods it should have been closer with a slight edge to the Cobra.... With mods the 135 will take the Cobra.... read up on the 135 and 335 cars.... later Ron

Side note...whenever I read your posts it always looks like you're saying "bye" to yourself at the end, haha.

F8L BYT

Established Member
If I'm not mistaken OPs car is good for 110mph traps and a stock 135i is no where near that. :dw: Why do all these 135i/335i guys come out of the woodwork with comments like these? We all know what they can do with some BPU mods but they are not any faster than a stock S197 Mustang GT in stock form.

This... I know what the 135/335i are capable of but its goin to take more than a couple hundred dollars to really pull the op cars and similar ones like it

S8ER01Z

Established Member
buddy bought juice box stage 3 for his car for 200$ and we just installed a bigger FMIC and BOV with straight pipes and intake all for under 500$....he should dyno 440ish IIRC

Here is another one I don't get.... How is he getting 440rwhp out of $500 in mods when no one else is? Yet EVERYONE who knows someone who has a 135i/335i makes these claims. WTF?

[ame=http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7234]Dynoed my Car - N54TECH.COM : BMW Twin Turbo Performance forum[/ame]

Current Mods:
JB3 1.4 (gen 2 board) 2.0 on the way!
Turbonetics Raptor Blow Off Valve
BMS Dual Cone Performance intake
HKS Exhaust w Cats
Turbonectics Intercooler
Map 9 on Race Gas: 394rwhp 395trw

Toss on a meth kit and sure...but your not going to be pulling mid 400s for ~500 bucks.

Last edited:

sweet88gt

Established Member

Quick question to your above post. What does a stock S197 Gt trap where you run??

I am also unaware that the above Cobra was capable of trap speeds in the 110mph range. Intresting.

I must be out of the loop on some of these cars, but my buddy that has a 135i trapped 102-103mph with a stock 6 speed. I trapped 100 mph with the Lexus but was out in front easy off the line with the auto. I ran the same et and trap as a 05-07 Gt with filter and programmer. That is sad.

primetime

Established Member

LOL! Your mistaken his car won't trap 110... maybe 106-108 at a good sea level track.... headers are his only mod of note and shorties aren't worth very much, the diablosport tune isn't doing much either..... If you actually read my posts I said it should have been closer I didn't say he should have lost. With mods the BMW 135 or 335 will destroy him in his current form! Sorry it is a fact, maybe you should visit a track sometime......

Now I am a BMW guy coming out of the woodwork? Dude I have been here longer than you and don't own, never had, and never will own a BMW..... however that doesn't mean I don't respect them and know what they are capable of. Just trying to give a realistic perspective which most people around here don't like to hear, I guess you are one of them.

Oh and 99 Cobra's are on par with a S197 GT anyway so that is a weak ass analogy which has no relevance. later Ron

Users who are viewing this thread