99 cobra vs 04 mach1

Stopsign32v

Established Member
casey99COBRA said:
assuming i drop in a p1 procharger in the car here in a couple weeks, what gears you say would be best? I know i would take him easily with the procharger, but i want to take him even more. 4.10's?

Cobra4pt6

Banned
4.30s and a blower = NO NO......you could do it, but you'll have zero traction with street tires...

3.73s would be ideal for you with that blower....

Last edited:

SNSTR_SNK

Established Member
03/04 cars have piston slap issues cuz of the metalurgy that they use in the pistons and the clearance they have to run for the expansion of the piston in the bore. if you listen real close when an 03 first starts up you can hear it, its real faint but you can hear it.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
4.30s and a blower = NO NO......you could do it, but you'll have zero traction with street tires...

3.73s would be ideal for you with that blower....

:rolleyes: I have 4.30s and a blower. Traction is terrible but 4.30s put me @ the top of 4th gear at the end of the 1/4th, where you are suppose to be. Before I had 3.73s and when I went to 4.30s my MPH went up 7mph in the 1/4th with exact same runs with 1.62 60' (not spinning). I find it very...very hard to believe that you make 445rwhp with 6psi. And on top of that I find it even harder to believe that you trap 121mph with 6psi and your 445rwhp. In order for you to trap 121mph with 445rwhp your car would have to weigh in at 3,200lbs.......dawg. :rollseyes

SNKB8

casey99COBRA said:
assuming i drop in a p1 procharger in the car here in a couple weeks, what gears you say would be best? I know i would take him easily with the procharger, but i want to take him even more. 4.10's?
get 4.10s casey i think i need to run you guys this weekend :-D

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
02mineralgrygt said:
get 4.10s casey i think i need to run you guys this weekend :-D

I think that is what i'm going to go with. I'll talk to tay and see if his mechanic will do it at a decent price. Seems to be a trust worthy guy. Taymours car was in the shop friday night getting the F1 dropped in :eek: . That thing is going to be a wiked beast. I think you need to run that orange mach, that would be a good one to watch.

I didn't know you lived in west jordan ??? That is where i live :rolling:

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Stopsign32v said:
I find it very...very hard to believe that you make 445rwhp with 6psi. And on top of that I find it even harder to believe that you trap 121mph with 6psi and your 445rwhp. In order for you to trap 121mph with 445rwhp your car would have to weigh in at 3,200lbs.......dawg. :rollseyes

Care to share your math? I know of a few cars that have trapped 1-2mph within 121mph @3400 lbs with FAR less than 445rwhp. FWIW- not a flame I'm just wondering where your numbers are coming from.

SNKB8

casey99COBRA said:
I think that is what i'm going to go with. I'll talk to tay and see if his mechanic will do it at a decent price. Seems to be a trust worthy guy. Taymours car was in the shop friday night getting the F1 dropped in :eek: . That thing is going to be a wiked beast. I think you need to run that orange mach, that would be a good one to watch.

I didn't know you lived in west jordan ??? That is where i live :rolling:
4.10s would be good in your car i live up by copper hills high if your talking about heath he does awesome work i wont have any one else work on my car but him

Cobra4pt6

Banned
Stopsign32v said:
:rolleyes: I have 4.30s and a blower. Traction is terrible but 4.30s put me @ the top of 4th gear at the end of the 1/4th, where you are suppose to be. Before I had 3.73s and when I went to 4.30s my MPH went up 7mph in the 1/4th with exact same runs with 1.62 60' (not spinning). I find it very...very hard to believe that you make 445rwhp with 6psi. And on top of that I find it even harder to believe that you trap 121mph with 6psi and your 445rwhp. In order for you to trap 121mph with 445rwhp your car would have to weigh in at 3,200lbs.......dawg. :rollseyes

210-946-1199, his name is mike murillo, murillo motorsports of san antonio, they did the tuning on my car using an apten chip and autologic software. i have the dyno sheet of 445rwhp w/ 6psi.....another guy on here, badboycali_559 is making 441rwhp w/ 6psi also.....the guys is going to be on street tires, 4.30s and street tires, he'll never hook up.......i dont have time for your doubts or disbeliefs, i know what my shit dynos and runs, furthermore, you don't know my full setup, which leaves me to my last statement, STFU and find yourself something to do..... :pepper:

Last edited:

Cobra4pt6

Banned
E. Green Cobra said:
Care to share your math? I know of a few cars that have trapped 1-2mph within 121mph @3400 lbs with FAR less than 445rwhp. FWIW- not a flame I'm just wondering where your numbers are coming from.

he's probably getting his math from a computer generated ET/Horsepower spreadsheet...... most tools that don't know anything about cars use this type of software, instead of real life experiences.....

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
i dont have time for your doubts or disbeliefs, i know what my shit dynos and runs, furthermore, you don't know my full setup, which leaves me to my last statement, STFU and find yourself something to do..... :pepper:

So tell us your full setup. Hell I would like to know how you got your car to trap 121mph. Let me know what I am doing wrong. :rolleyes:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:

Explain to me how a car that traps 121mph and weighs 3400lbs has less than 445rwhp and less than 445rwtq.

Last edited by a moderator:

casey99COBRA

Just a rookie!
Established Member
02mineralgrygt said:
4.10s would be good in your car i live up by copper hills high if your talking about heath he does awesome work i wont have any one else work on my car but him

That's awesome man!
I live off of 90th south and almost 27th, pretty much across the street from the fred myer's/smiths on redwood.
pm me your phone number and i'll give you a call so we can run one weekend.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
Stopsign32v said:
So tell us your full setup. Hell I would like to know how you got your car to trap 121mph. Let me know what I am doing wrong. :rolleyes:

121 mph is from bogging off the line and cold weather, weather was around 15-20 degrees....in 90-95 degree weather, the best i can trap is 118mph..
everyone already knows my full setup, no need to repeat myself.....tell us, stopsign 32v, what angers you? :shrug:

Cobra4pt6

Banned
Stopsign32v said:
Explain to me how a car that traps 121mph and weighs 3400lbs has less than 445rwhp and less than 445rwtq.

stopsign32v, you really need to quit basing your opinions off a stupid computer generated ET/HP spreadsheet. that shit is about as reliable as a G-Tech Pro meter.......IN REALITY, there are different variables to consider when you're at the 1/4 mile strip. variables being, humidity, wind direction, air temp, altitude, traction, etc.......this is the exact reason why you shouldn't magazine or computer race...

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
121 mph is from bogging off the line and cold weather, weather was around 15-20 degrees....in 90-95 degree weather, the best i can trap is 118mph..
everyone already knows my full setup, no need to repeat myself.....tell us, stopsign 32v, what angers you? :shrug:

Who says I'm angry? Anyways bogging off the line will kill your MPH and how did you manage a 2.4 60' bogging off the line anyways? The weather was around 15 to 20 degrees yet the track was still open? Everyone might already know your setup but I don't so please inform me. The 121mph would be more believable if your numbers were good but with a 2.4 60' and a 12.4@121mph sounds like you cannot drive so I'm wondering how you managed such a high mph for your 281cid with a centri blower.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
stopsign32v, you really need to quit basing your opinions off a stupid computer generated ET/HP spreadsheet. that shit is about as reliable as a G-Tech Pro meter.......IN REALITY, there are different variables to consider when you're at the 1/4 mile strip. variables being, humidity, wind direction, air temp, altitude, traction, etc.......this is the exact reason why you shouldn't magazine or computer race...

:rolleyes: I base my opinion off of real life examples and my own experience on the track. My car sees the track about 3 times out of each month so I have quite a bit of seat time. So explain to us how you got that 121mph. Hell I would like to know, maybe it will let me get 130mph out of my car. :lol:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:
Thats backwards- navi intake 96-01 cobra exhaust- explains the lower peak numbers and fatter powerband( the o3's use the same cams btw)

all 03 model 4v's use the same head/cams.

as for the tick/piston slap.

a hyper motor should not have any piston slap.

the 03 should not really have any slap either.

aftmkt forged pistons in an alu block may slap. mine really don't at all.

Cobra4pt6

Banned
Stopsign32v said:
:rolleyes: I base my opinion off of real life examples and my own experience on the track. My car sees the track about 3 times out of each month so I have quite a bit of seat time. So explain to us how you got that 121mph. Hell I would like to know, maybe it will let me get 130mph out of my car. :lol:

i didn't go 12.4, i went 12.5, 2.4 i was on bald street tires and track prep was horrible, and i don't try to launch the shit outta my car, but my lauches were at 1500rpms.... 12.5 was on my old setup, but i have a new setup and i have a d1sc coming in and im going to JACK the boost WAY up, im going to order 55lbrs, blow-thru maf, BAP so 130+ traps are about 2 weeks away :-D :lol: :pepper: :banana:

Last edited:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
Cobra4pt6 said:
12.5 was on my old setup, but i have a new setup and i have a d1sc coming in and im going to JACK the boost WAY up, im going to order 55lbrs, blow-thru maf, BAP so 130+ traps are about 2 weeks away :-D :lol: :pepper: :banana:

*sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread