99 Cobra -fuel pump relay

Saleen313

Cat Herder
Established Member
I would get a new battery or borrow one and swap it. I had a battery i swore was good but wasnt and wouldnt take a jump. Threw in a new one and was good to go

SnakeSaleen

Established Member
I put a new battery in it. I bought the fuel pump and filter. This weekend I hope to do it. Anyone have any tips on what to avoid or watch out for when changing the pump? I never had to drop a tank before. Any ideas would make prevent me from making mistakes.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I put a new battery in it. I bought the fuel pump and filter. This weekend I hope to do it. Anyone have any tips on what to avoid or watch out for when changing the pump? I never had to drop a tank before. Any ideas would make prevent me from making mistakes.

Make sure you have as little gas in the tank as possible. I usually spray the filler tube with WD-40 to make it easier to slide the tank off. It's a long tube. And it might not be a bad idea to get a spare gasket for the filler neck. Make sure you get a good disconnect tool for the fuel line. I broke a cheapy one because the line didn't want to come off.

mustangman36578

Established Member
before you drop the tank and go replacing more parts, make sure that it is the fuel pump. the best way would be to see if you are getting power to the pump. there are 2 wires that come out of the FPDM that go to the fuel pump. one is a red wire with a black tracer (terminal 3) and the other is brown with a pink tracer (terminal 10). im pretty sure it is the red/black wire that supplies the voltage to the pump but not 100% on that but if you do not have power there then your problem is before the fuel pump. the wire supplying voltage to the FPDM is the pink/black wire which goes back to the inertia switch and then to the fuel pump relay in the CCRM.

SnakeSaleen

Established Member
I finally changed the fuel pump and it started right up. So it wasn't the CCRM, hopefully I can sell that somewhere. I just used the $100 pump they sell at Autozone. It's a beautiful sound when the car starts up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread