99 Cobra -fuel pump relay

SnakeSaleen

Established Member
I need some help, I can't find any information on where the fuel pump relay is located on my 99 cobra.
I have the owner maual, the haynes, the chilton and have searched on the web for a while and I can't find it.

The problem is, my car won't start. It cranks and just doesn't turn over. There is no fuel pressure at the rail. The battery is fully charged. The fuel pump fuse is fine. The inertia switch is pushed in. There's gas in the car. I had someone turn the ignition on while I listed in through the filler hole, No noise at all. I am running out of thins to try except I haven't tried the relay. I have a fuel pump relay but I don't know where it goes. The car was running fine, never had a problem and after sitting for 2 weeks it wont start. Please help.

Hockeyman48

Established Member
If its similar in design to the 94 Cobra's, the fuel pump relay is an internal relay inside the CCRM. (constant control relay module).The fuel pump fuse feeds + power to the ccrm and relay inside ccrm sends power to fuel pump.Fuel pump relay is controlled by the pcm and it also is in the circuit providing the ground signal to energize fuel pump relay.I'm not sure circuit wise what could stop ground signal from pcm (another problem). I'm sure someone else will be jumping in on this! If you have a relay for it though ,looks like the circuit may have changed. Sorry I cant help any better!

Last edited:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
check the fuse in the power distribution center under the hood, and the fuel cut off switch on the drivers side of the trunk.

if its not one of those two, then you might want to start looking into other things, possible bad fuel pump...ect.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
lol, i fail at reading, i see you have checked those two already.

have someone turn the key on, while you put your ear to the fuel tank and listen to hear if it kicks on when the turn the key on.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
CCRM,

Have to remove right front wheel, remove the wheel shroud and you'll see the black box with a bar code on it.

It contains the Fuel pump relay along with a relay for the Fan and something else (mind blank right now)

Good Luck

SnakeSaleen

Established Member
Thanks CCRM,

I will try to do that this weekend. You have changed this yourself? It sounds like you are sure thats where it at. Why did your change yours? Did you have the same problem that I do? If its not the fuel pump relay then I guess it has to be the pump it self.

Established Member
Yep, replaced many :D

This is the exact part # you want (on the box)

1R3Z12B577AA_03.jpg

Check with Steve at Tousley Ford for one at a good price. I'm out of stock on them at the moment.

SnakeSaleen

Established Member
The relay I have it different. I have one that looks almost like a normal relay for the wipers. The part # they gave me is FOAB-14B193-AB. I don't know if you can look that up. I am wondering if they gave me the wrong thing.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Can you pull any codes? I just did a fuel pump in a V6 and it gave me a secondary fuel pump circuit code.

grant007

Established Member
Yep, replaced many :D

This is the exact part # you want (on the box)

1R3Z12B577AA_03.jpg

Check with Steve at Tousley Ford for one at a good price. I'm out of stock on them at the moment.

thats the one. same happend here to me. this is the exact part you need.

SnakeSaleen

Established Member
Hey,

The number on the packaging and the part it self is different. There is a F on the package but a Z on the part itself. What is this part called? Its not a fuel pump relay.

Established Member
Hey,

The number on the packaging and the part it self is different. There is a F on the package but a Z on the part itself. What is this part called? Its not a fuel pump relay.

Like I said above, the part # on the box (package) is what you need. The # on the part is called a "engineering part # or a service part #" and it's not searchable in the inventory system.

No, my name is not CCRM. That is the name of the part itself.

Last edited:

mustangman36578

Established Member
i have one for sale out of a 2000 GT. im pretty sure it will work. inside the CCRM there are a few relays. fuel, fan, starter, and ac i think. ill look for the wiring diagrams but you can back probe 2 of the wires coming out of the CCRM to make sure that is it before you go replacing it. if that is not the problem then chances are the fuel pump. i had the same thing happen to me but it turned out to be the halo that goes around the key tumbler for the PATs system.

SnakeSaleen

Established Member
How much do you want for it? I found it online for $100 , dealer wants $200.

I just don't understand why they sold me a fuel pump relay if I can't change it. Can I open the CCRM and replace the fuse they sold me? When I ask them where the fuse goes, they say they don't know. They sell it they must know where it goes.

Any one know where the fuel pump relay goes?

Established Member
How much do you want for it? I found it online for $100 , dealer wants $200.

I just don't understand why they sold me a fuel pump relay if I can't change it. Can I open the CCRM and replace the fuse they sold me? When I ask them where the fuse goes, they say they don't know. They sell it they must know where it goes.

Any one know where the fuel pump relay goes?

Dude, you're making this harder than it should be.

Tousley Ford: Full line Ford, Lincoln, Mercury and Ford Racing Distributors. - SVTPerformance

Contact Steve in that link. It should cost you about $145-150 for a new CCRM.

I'm pretty certain that the GT CCRM above will not work for you since it's a different part # than the Cobra's CCRM.

If that info does not help you, I give up.

SnakeSaleen

Established Member
Thanks for all the help you have given so far.

I looked up tousley ford and searched for that part number that you have in the picture and I typed in CCRM, constant control relay module and it doesn't come up with anything. If you could would you please send me the direct link to the piece.

99Snaker

Resident Coffee Addict
Established Member
Tousley is the place to go.

Clicky

I hope that link works. Do a part number search for PN: 1r3z12b577aa once there. Looks like $100.54 + shipping/tax to me.

SnakeSaleen

Established Member
Well a disappointing day. I put in the new CCRM and it still doesn't start. I don't hear the pump turn on either. Will Tousley take back an electrical part?

Established Member
Is your theft light flashing rapidly when you turn the key?

The normal flashing is once every 2 seconds...but it it's faster than that, then your PATS has disabled your car key's transponder.

Do you have a spare key?

If yes, then go and try using it to start the car....and report your results.

SnakeSaleen

Established Member
I bought the car with only one key.
When I turn the ignition on, the anti theft light lights up and disappears. It doesn't blink rapidly.
Now when I try to crank the engine, there a grinding type of noise. It sounds like the starter. Nothing else can be moving if the engine isn't running. But if I crank the engine of a jump start I don't hear the grinding noise. Just strong crank but no turn over. I tried to jump start it because the battery is low.

Users who are viewing this thread