99 Cobra Coolant Crossover Pipe

svt786

Established Member
Hey guys, bought a used Vortech V2 kit for my 99 Cobra. Now trying to piece together all the little items. Among them is this 4FR114-010 COOLANT PIPE ASSEMBLY '99+. Anyone has an affordable solution for it because Vortech wants too much for it?. If you can provide the solution along with part numbers so I can order it. Thanks

Kirk01

Established Member
I ran into the same problem. I could not find any solution other than to bite the bullet and buy one direct. I have heard though that the On3 turbo kit coolant crossover SHOULD work with the vortech but I have no definitive answer to this. It is such a bummer that the part is so expensive.

railroad

Established Member
Not sure if it is the front pipe on the engine you need, but the KB kit has a replacement pipe that might be available separately, if it will work.

svt786

Established Member
Willing to try the On3 setup but I'm not clear on what's needed. They seem to have bunch of options and not cheap either.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I used the Pro-Charger Coolant crossover part for my Vortech, I got lucky and found a brand new one on Ebay for $175 but this was years ago.. BUT the Pro-charger's isn't as pricey as Vortech so see if you can find one from them.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
OP for a visual here's a view of mine so you can compare that On3 etc..

111.jpg

112.jpg

svt786

Established Member
Trying to get one from Procharger. They price it weird, left piece and right piece. Each piece is about $178 plus shipping.

Tauntonterror

Established Member
Couldn't you just cut the stock one and just run a hose connecting the two pieces. I've seen mustangs on the Internet that have had that done but no personal experience.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the procharger crossover is 2 sides joined by a piece of radiator hose and clamped in place. The pass side tubes WILL have clearance issues with aftermarket fuel rails if you run a crossover line between the front of the rails.

Im in the middle of doing an On3 crossover delete on my procharged Mach1.

What you need for fittings depends on routing but you will need a 45 degree hose end for the pass side to clear the blower/valve covers. Driver side could work with a 90 or 45, again depending on how ya wanna route it (probably much easier on your car without all the shaker crap in the way, for me only a 90 on the driver side would work.

heres my thread - http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-delete-with-a-centri-on-a-4-valve&highlight=

Ill have more pics this weekend when mine should be all finished. I used a 45 degree hose end, a 90 hose end and 2 straight hose ends.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ill post updates just keep an eye on that thread, supposedly the last things I need will be here tomorrow.

forgot to say youll also need a mustang GT lower radiator hose

svt786

Established Member
I used the Pro-Charger Coolant crossover part for my Vortech, I got lucky and found a brand new one on Ebay for $175 but this was years ago.. BUT the Pro-charger's isn't as pricey as Vortech so see if you can find one from them.

Any issue clearing aftermarket fuel rails?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Any issue clearing aftermarket fuel rails?

since having my issue Ive come across several people confirming the clearance issue with procharger crossover and aftermarket rails if you run a cross over fuel line from the front of the rails. The only thing that made mine work as a $60 low profile orb fitting with 6an to 8an adapter on top. Once I fire my car up and verify this crossover delete setup works to my liking Ill have my procharger crossover and that fitting setup for sale

Users who are viewing this thread