99 cobra clutch

joed2nd

Established Member
I have a 99 cobra. My clutch just recently went bad, so I am in the market for a new one. My car has a few minor bolt-ons. No supercharger or turbo. WHAT CLUTCH WOULD GUYS RECOMMEND? If I am correct the 99 cobras have an 11 inch clutch and 10 spline? Thanks for the help.

01fordcobra

Established Member
It depends on what you want to do with the car in the future. Are you looking to supercharge it or put a turbo on? If your staying NA I am particularly fond of the Spec Stage 2+. It has a good feel to it and has plenty of grip for any NA plus bolt ons.

joed2nd

Established Member
It depends on what you want to do with the car in the future. Are you looking to supercharge it or put a turbo on? If your staying NA I am particularly fond of the Spec Stage 2+. It has a good feel to it and has plenty of grip for any NA plus bolt ons.

Yea..no plans to supercharge..just want to keep it NA.

Last edited:

blk84

performance red = orange
Established Member
I would stay away from SPEC.. mixed reviews, heard horror stories, and had a bad experience myself.

I have a RAM Powergrip HD in my supercharged GT. Love it. Anyone else suggest RAM Powergrip (non HD) or HDX?

zPipes

Established Member
I use Centerforce however you will probably hear its overkill for the mods I have, but i like it, I especially like the feel, its very stiff. I refer to it as 'a mans clutch' when the ex would complain about it being so tough.

Jamie R.

Established Member
If you get the clutch from promotion make sure you get the grey valeo pressure plate and not the ram. My trans has gotta come back out because the ram pressure plate is so stiff it's not funny and it's hard to find where the engagement is at with the ram. The valeo pressure plate is supposed to feel like stock or very close to it.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
If you check out American Muscle, they both seem like hit or miss in the reviews. Important to remember they need to be broken in properly, wouldn't be surprised if some of the people who have had problems immediately started to beat on it from day one.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I have a 99 cobra. My clutch just recently went bad, so I am in the market for a new one. My car has a few minor bolt-ons. No supercharger or turbo. WHAT CLUTCH WOULD GUYS RECOMMEND? If I am correct the 99 cobras have an 11 inch clutch and 10 spline? Thanks for the help.

Doesn't your clutch depend on what size flywheel you have? I would check to see if 99 Cobra's have a 10.5 stock flywheel..??

Users who are viewing this thread