99-01 tail ligths on the OW

03Snakeb1te

Banned
Hey guys I picked these ligths up from a fellow member on here last week, and wanted to share some pics so here it goes,they arrived on friday..as u can tell they were painted really really dark so this this weekend i drove up to my friends house and started the task off getting rid of the paint (not easy at all) lol i tried paint thinner and some other chemicals but nothing so we started with 400 grit sand paper, and guess what noting long story short i had to start with 100 grit which was actually working without damaging the ligths, we worked our way up to 2000 grita and finally hit it with some rubbing compound and a buffer, im proud to present the finish product whoala.. So happy how these truned out, thanks to buddy alex (norcal03cobra) for the help.. As always coment, concerns, critics always welcome thanks ...
image_zps2d2d3530.jpg

image_zps388eec0f.jpg

image_zps312aeb21.jpg

image_zpsfc12a771.jpg

Last edited:

03Snakeb1te

Banned
Thanks, Yes it was a lot of hard work spent about 2hrs because i had to run back to the hardware store and get some more sand paper they turned out good tho

CobraTerritory

Merica
Established Member
Wow!!! I hope you got a good deal on those since you did a whole refinish on them. Who in their right mind would tint 99-01 cobra lights? Makes no sense to me. Side note... Please be careful driving that car in the rain. Makes me sad everytime i see one out in the elements.

03Snakeb1te

Banned
Wow!!! I hope you got a good deal on those since you did a whole refinish on them. Who in their right mind would tint 99-01 cobra lights? Makes no sense to me. Side note... Please be careful driving that car in the rain. Makes me sad everytime i see one out in the elements.

I actually do think i got a deal on em i paid 175 for em.. Is funny because i actually had the car put away for like a month... I finally finish working on it yesterday and decided to take it to work today and boom it starts raining out of all these days it had to rain today.. I was pissed lol NEVER drive it on rain, thanks for your concern tho bro

TClark22

Established Member
i can voute for the PITA to sand them down! I sanded down VHT off of my old lights twice...got them pretty decent when you get up to the 1000 and 2000 grit sanding, wet sanding and polishing. I polished mine by hand and they still looked damn good. I actually did it to my 3rd brake light because it was oxidating on the top.

This is definitely on my list of cosmetic mods when i get to them

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Looks awesome. At least the 99/01's did something right!

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Look awesome. I might be biased, but I think those tails look best on white! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread