99/01 Owners - Illiterate or what?

vnmous01

Established Member
I agree but I guess being part of this younger generation I still understand the "txt" message typing. I usually always use full sentences and use dictionary.com if needed or something because in my opinion it just makes you the poster or replier seem like an uneducated person that can't spell. Understanding someones way of saying something is hard enough over the internet let alone throwing in all other sorts of factors.

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
I do not mind the mispelled words, it is the grammar and sentence structure that annoys me. If I have to read something more than once, or get my Capn' Crunch secret decoder ring out, then I am usually through with the thread. This is not text or twitter. I understand and have no problem with the shortened internet acronyms like PIIHB, LOL, WTF and the sorts. Just please, please try to use proper sentence structure and punctuation so I can atleast figure out what you are saying.

Maybe I am just old and cranky. Who knows!?

sleddy5

Established Member
I will occasionally use some off grammar. I still think it is extremely lame when someone structures their sentence so poorly that no one can understand what they were trying to say. Along those same lines I find it even more annoying when people purposely type to sound ghetto. There is nothing that screams douche bag more than that!

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
I will occasionally use some off grammar. I still think it is extremely lame when someone structures their sentence so poorly that no one can understand what they were trying to say. Along those same lines I find it even more annoying when people purposely type to sound ghetto. There is nothing that screams douche bag more than that!

I agree. I always picture someone like the wastes below on the other end of the keyboard.

tool.jpg

cobraracer46

Banned
For sure, it certainly appears that here in the new edge forums, there has been an alarming increase in the number of retarded and just simply incoherent posts.
The most irritating occurrence I see here in the new edge forums besides a thread filled with unreadable garbage is a thread with a very vague heading. For example a thread starts off with a very vague head line that simply reads "need help", "help", or "99 cobra question". Call me lazy but, These thread headlines give an SVTP member no idea as to what the thread is all about so why click on the thread? What do you people need help with? Do you need "help" with getting a HS diploma or do you need "help" with figuring out what fuse blew on your 99/01 Cobra after you lit your roach with the cigar lighter that no longer works?:dw::burn:

Users who are viewing this thread